chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

London.

Farha has been staring at her phone for a while now. She woke up to more of Adams messages and a bunch of others she replied to some old friends and just more random ones and well Adams.

Adam: hey

How are you? It's Adam.

I am glad you befriended me again.

It's good to talk to you. I'm sorry about how things ended.

Do you want to meet for a cup of coffee?

She didn't know whether to reply or not. They ended really badly and she didn't want to go there. So she made up her mind and woke up to start her day.

She dressed up and even wore a bit of makeup and went downstairs to get breakfast. She met the couple on the couch watching TV.

'Hey guys, good morning'

'Morning. Foods on the table'

Farha took her food to the living room and went to join them. They were watching re-run of bones.

'Farha before I forget, you got a letter this morning. It was mailed to dad's house but the gateman sent it here. It kind of needs you attention now.'

Farha picked up the letter and opened it.

FROM THE ADAMAWA STATE GOVERNMENT

DEAR ENGINEER FARHA,

                                                    STATE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT

THIS HEREBY CALLS TO ALL ABLED PROFFESSIONS OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO COME BACK TO THEIR VARIOUS STATES FOR A DEVELOPMENT PROJECT LASTING FOR 6 MONTHS. MOST REQUIRED FIELDS ARE; DOCTORS, ENGINEERS (ALL KIND), IT-TECHNOLOGY SPECIALISTS, ARCHITECTS, TEACHERS, COACHES, ENTERPRENUERS, CHEFS (WITHIN THE AGES OF 18-35). THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF DEVELOPMENT BY 136% IN JUST THOSE 6 MONTHS. THE PROJECT IS SPONSORED BY THE STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WITH OTHER PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS AND OTHER RECOGNIZED POLITICIANS.

THE DETAILS WILL FURTHER BE DISCUSSED DURING A SEMINAR ON THE 6TH OF AUGUST, 2018 IN AUN HOTEL YOLA. THE GUEST SPEAKER IS ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR, THE OWNER OF THE AUN HOTEL AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS, HAVING LED MANY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS IN YOLA.

OTHER INFORMATION SUCH AS THE ACCOMODATIONS, SALARIES, ETC WILL BE DISCUSSED AFTER PLEDGING FOR THE PROJECT.

WE EXPECT A REPLY TO SECURE YOUR POSITION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

                                                                            THANK YOU.

Wow. She read it out loud for them.

'Are you going to go?

'I don't know, but it seems nice. Just haven't been in Yola for a while.'

'Talk to mom and dad first okay?'

'Yeah sure'

Later in the day, Hanaan met Farha in the balcony taking a cup of coffee.

'Hey, why are you up here?'

'Just thinking'

'Of what?'

'Life.'

Hanaan picked Farha's phone and... 'Which Adam is this?

'The Adam you know'