Chapter 36 - Part 2

A/N. Penultimate update. Part of the 2 part Chapter 36. Mandatory disclaimer - This is a short read. Enjoy :)

The panic was set deep in his bones. Where the hell was she? He had gone to all the places they usually went to, called their friends and co-workers. Noone seemed to know where she was. It had been 12 hours and there was no sign of her.

"Siya....Siya...where are you..." He whispered to their empty bedroom, feeling completely lost.

He sat there on their bed, his hands gripping his hair in crazed misery. Tears were flowing down his cheek as his body shook with fear. Suddenly he had a thought. He got and pulled out his phone, wiping his face with the back of his shirt sleeve.

He made the call, this was his last hope. One last hope before he gave up and called the police. He waited anxiously as the phone rang, and he let out the breath he had been holding when he heard her voice.

"Hello."

"Divya....do you know where she is?"

There was a beat of silence on the other end before she spoke in a deadly voice.

"Abhimanyu Acharya. I never knew what a huge a**hole you are. How dare you?"

"So you know where she is? Is she okay? Has she eaten? Is she alone?"

"You are the biggest scumbag. You hear me? The worst of the worst..."

"Divya please. Tell me she is okay. Then you can go ahead and curse me to your hearts content."

There was another beat of silence before he heard her.

"I know where she is. I am meeting her in sometime. She is hurt. Deeply hurt, but she seems to be in one piece. Is that what you wanna hear?"

"Take good care of her Divya."

"You know I will. Unlike some other people she loves, I actually have the guts to love her back."

"How much of it do you know."

"All of it. She called me once you said shit about her parents. She sounded so wounded and so broken...I swear if you were in front of me Abhi, I would have kneed you in your special place so hard it would be impossible for Siya to have your kids. Do you realize how horrible you have been to her? After everything you put her through...after all that she took and gave so much love back...you actually had the gall to turn her down!? You hurt her so much Abhi. Too damn much. This is the worst thing anyone has ever done to her. You should have heard her on the phone. God...sent a chill to my heart."

"I need to meet her Divya. I can't bear to not comfort her when she is suffering so much. Please tell me where she is? Let me make this right."

"She doesn't deserve this Abhi!"

"I know. I know I don't deserve her. That's what I want to tell her. I need her to know that she can choose what she wants to do with our marriage. All that is important to me is that she is in my life and that she is happy. I don't mind us going back to being bestfriends. I-I can let her go if she wants the kind of love that she deserves. I will find it in me to-"

"Shut the f**k up Abhi. Just shut the f**k up. You will not meet her. You will not meet her until you figure out exactly how wrong all the words that came out of your mouth just now were. You hear me Abhi? I refuse to let you hurt her anymore."

"Divya you can't-"

"Oh no I so can. In fact she specifically asked me to not tell you where she was. I was eventually going to tell you...but after hearing your utterly bullshit take on your relationship, I am going to fully support her decision of not seeing you."

"What the hell do you mean? S-she doesn't want to see me?"

"After what you did? After all that you did? Are you honestly surprised?! I can't believe you suggested having a purely sexual relationship with your wife. I can't believe you left her in bed after an intimate vulnerable moment. And I can't believe you didn't reciprocate her immense love with yours. So yeah. Believe it or not. She doesn't want to see you."

He took a sharp breath before asking quietly, his heart in so much pain, it felt like he would suffocate.

"For how long?"

"I honestly don't know. But not today and certainly not tomorrow. You need to do some serious thinking."

"No. No Divya. She can't do this. Tell her she can't do this."

"Go home Abhimanyu. Talk to your father. Get a f**king clue."

"Divya if you don't tell me where she is this very instant..."

The line went dead. He flung his phone across the room and sunk to the floor. Gathering his face in his hands he broke down completely. Sobs raked his body as he cried...he cried like a man who had just lost everything in his life.

A/N.

My dear readers,

Thank you so very much for being so so awesome. Thank you for reading and voting and commenting.

The next update is going to be my final update. It will also be the final part of the last chapter.

I have seen a lot of comments pro-happy ending. Just FYI, I hate sad endings, so whatever the end it will not be sad. That is all I can promise you.

You guys have been really amazing. This book is almost over and I can't believe how far along it has come.

Love you folks!