Chapter 28 - My Forever : Part 1

A/N.

Hey lovely people!! Have I told you guys how awesome you are??

Well I'm saying it now! You guys are the best. I am overwhelmed with the love and support you folks keep showering on my writing. I am deeply touched by a lot of the comments and am truly grateful for your votes and reads and comments.

Please keep blessing me with your words of encouragement, and I'll keep trying to squeeze in upgrades with my crazy schedule. Yes, yes...works been pretty hectic for the last weeks, hence the delay in update. But I'm trying to roll out and put in as much as I can. And your comments and likes are my main driving force.

Hope you enjoy the read!!

"Please Abhi, I know what I said and did was wrong. We can't do this without clearing the air between us. Let me explain, let me apologize...Abhi please. We are getting married today, and we haven't met or spoken to each other in a month. We can't keep communicating through Divya. We need to meet and sort everything out before we get married. Please give me a call once you hear this."

Siya sighed as she cut the call. For the entire last month this had become her routine. Every morning she called him, only to get straight to his voicemail, where she left him an apology and pleaded for his response, then cut the call with a sigh. She followed this by rolling up in a ball and sobbing her heart out, before sobering up and leaving for work. After coming back home she called him again, only to be greeted by his voicemail. Then some days Divya would call her with a message from Abhi. She and Divya would have a long conversation, on the phone or in person and then Siya would cry herself to sleep.

There was so much that was wrong with her life at the moment, she felt messed up beyond reason.

After their big fight, she had woken up the following morning to find Abhi's room empty, with a letter on his desk that was addressed to her. It was ironic how up until the day before, her mornings would start with a sweet poem or quote and a flower. But now what was left of her relationship was a simple letter and emptiness. She had opened the letter that read-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Siya,

I am going to Paris to close the deal and get the project started. I think we need some time apart to figure things out.

We can't call off the wedding because there is too much at stake. Our reputations, our company and my father. We will have to keep up the ruse for all those reasons. I have spoken to Manav and Natasha and they have agreed to keep it quiet.

For our mutual benefit, I think we should keep from contacting each other for some time, atleast till I make peace with our situation.

Obviously our marriage is going to be a sham, but to keep our appearances we will have to share a room. We can discuss the finer details of our living arrangements later, when I am in a better emotional state to deal with it.

And you don't need to worry about our physical relationship, I will never make any advances of any sort, except maybe a kiss on the cheek or something to show affection when we are in public. But I will always keep it platonic, there will be no initiation of intimacy from my side. So don't worry about it.

I suggest we should be cordial acquaintances from now on, being friends is not really working out well for us.

I will be back in time for the wedding and will be in touch with Divya if I need to convey any important information to you.