Chapter 5 - Knock Before You Enter!

It was quarter to nine when Abhi entered Siya's room, being claustrophobic, she never locked her room, but demanded him to knock before enter, something which he never followed. He wanted entry in her room, without needing her permission, after all he never asked her to knock.

The room was empty and Siya wasn't there. The noise of running water told him she must still be in her bath.

He looked around the room for a moment. Siya had decorated her room just the way in which it screamed her name from every corner...strong and beautiful. The walls were whitest of peach cream colour with beautiful golden designs on it. Her large window had long white curtains.

Adjacent to her bedroom was her study where she kept all her novels and books and then there was her workplace and bathroom. Unlike his room she didn't have a gaming room. She insisted she wouldn't have one, years before when they were moving from their teen rooms to the new ones.

She had also insisted that the room be made from her own admirably large earned savings which followed days of her and Dad's arguments until finally Dad gave in and let her have her way.

Abhi walked around her all-too-familiar room, looking for what he needed. Since he was bad at searching for things, it took him what seemed like an eternity till he found his bike keys lying on her small study table, right next to the picture of her parents.

Just as he stretched his hands to pick up the keys, the bathroom door opened, he turned involuntarily to the sound just before hearing a terrified scream and the door being closed with a mighty slam. There was a short moment of shocked silence before-

"What the hell are you doing in here Abhimanyu?", she yelled from inside. Abhi couldn't move a muscle. He was shocked to say the least.

"Damn it Abhimanyu! Answer me!", she screamed at the top of her voice.

"I forgot my bike keys in your room the other day..." He started, his voice hollow.

"How many times have I told you to knock before you enter my room Abhimanyu!"

"Stop calling me Abhimanyu!", he yelled back, now feeling hysterical, "And why couldn't you get dressed in the damned Bathroom?"

"Because I ...I have my reasons! Besides, it's my room! I can do whatever I like!"

"Yeah? Why don't you get dressed first, so we can talk one to one." He blurted out in anger, he didn't know what made him say that, but he didn't care.

"Whatever!", she fired back, "Give me my clothes!"

"What?"

"Give me my clothes you dumb headed moron! They're on my bed!"

"Hang on a minute!" He shouted back once he found the pile of clothes on the bed. He picked the pile and rushed to the door, before she could start screaming again.

"Open the door." He said knocking at the door.

"What?"

"I thought you wanted clothes?" he asked sarcastically.

"Oh. Okay. Right." She opened the door by a fraction and stretched out a bare wet arm. He handed her the clothes, and sat on the bed, waiting for her to get dressed.

When she came out a minute later she looked ready to kill him, glaring at him with full force. He couldn't help but notice how good she smelled as the fragrance was slowly filling the air conditioned room. Her wet shoulder length hair hung loose, her eyes sparkling without the spectacles, her skin looked radiant in her peach t-shirt and white leggings. Images of her wet body flashed before him, but he pushed them back, feeling the heat rise up his body was the last thing he wanted to feel around Siya of all people.