Chapter 34 - Part 1

She woke up in confusion. What time was it? What day was it?

She groaned as she sat up on the bed, trying to figure out what was going on. Blinking in the darkness she realized she was in her office. To be precise she was in her overnight stay room.

She shifted, and then gasped. She was naked on the bed in her office bedroom.

Slowly as sleep left her it started coming back to her.

The painting...Abhi being an ass to Gabe...Abhi being an ass to her...Abhi dragging her to the room....She and Abhi...oh my god!

She sat there in the darkness, with her face in her hands.

The last thing she remembered was exploding in his arms, too exhausted to do anything, too exhausted to think. A delicious exhaustion that made her feel so spent that she fell asleep in an instant.

She looked around the room, her eyes adjusting to the darkness.

It was empty.

Siya frowned. Abhi had left her alone, in the office, naked on bed after they'd had soul-shattering $ex last night?

Her heart sank, as the cold room gave her chills that had nothing to do with the cold.

In that instant she felt so heartbroken, so utterly alone, surrounded by a never ending darkness. She had tried...she had really tried to lock her heart away, to not feel anything, to just let it be physical and about friendship.

She had tried to talk about it as 'just $ex', as if she didn't feel what she felt when they were together in the most eternal sense. She had tried so damn hard. But it was just impossible. He made it impossible.

Every time he was around her, she had felt his penetrating gaze, following her around. Her racing heart, her quickening pulse, the all consuming desire....None of it was purely physical. It was more. So much more. It consumed her in every sense of the word. Her love for him...

She gasped. No. No.

She had said those three words. She had said those three words, that seemed to pour out from every fiber of her very existence.

She had said them at the most vulnerable moment of her entire life. It was the kind of physical connection that had felt like the mating of souls. In that one passionate, intense moment she had breathed out the most sacred of her feelings.

And he pulled away. He was gone. He had left her here...in complete darkness.

No. No. She needed to stop jumping to conclusions. She had done so in the past, and that was what had wedged such a gap between them. She refused to believe he had done something so cruel.

She shook her head, even as tears had started to fill her vision. She blinked them back. No.

She reached for her phone on the nightstand and check for her calls, messages and emails. She wrapped the thin sheet around herself as she switched on the light.

She looked around. She looked at the nightstand, she shuffled the bedcovers, she looked at the table, she went to the bathroom, looked at the counter, inside the drawers.

She frantically looked around, clutching the sheet to her shaking body.

He must have left her a note.

She just wasn't able to find. He obviously left her a note. Even if he didn't call her, or leave her a text or drop her an email. He MUST have left her a note.

It wasn't until she felt it drop on her arm, that she realized she was crying. She looked up at the mirror shocked.

She saw herself, hair all mussed up, eyes wide and bloodshot, tears streaming down her face as her body shook in the bedsheet that she was holding on to.

She knew it was time to face the reality. This was not what she deserved. She knew she had hurt Abhi, but this...this what not what she deserved.

She was a woman in love with a man. She deserved to be loved back. She shouldn't have to settle for anything less.

She knew he loved her back. Even though he hurt her over and over these past months, she knew they weren't too far gone.

She loved him enough to let go. She loved him enough to forgive anything and everything. And she deserved that love, which made one forgive any crime, from him as well. She had to make him realize that nothing was bigger than their love for each other.

Okay....Okay. She was going to let herself cry her heart out, because she had to wring the weakness off her and be strong.

Strong enough to confront her husband with the truth.

He was in love with her. She knew it. He knew it.

What happened today was more than proof of it.

What was happening now was complete bullsh*t.

This was it. She was going to make him admit his love for her and they were going to be a couple in every sense of the word.

If only she could make herself stop crying and haul her ass back home.

A/N.

Hello Lovelies!!!

So first and foremost let me thank all of my readers. Thank you so so much! My story now has 4K votes and I am so grateful for all your support. You guys are literally the best.

Now coming to this update...I know its short. I know some of you will still complain that it is short...but honestly I needed this update to be just about Siya. It couldn't be longer than this, but I wanted to let you guys know how she felt about things.

The next part will come soon. And well...its going to be a long one.

I have noticed a lot of you have theories about what might happen! I find that so fascinating. So here are few questions from my end:
Why do you think Abhi left her alone in the room?
What do you think of Siya taking a strong stance?

We are really close to the end now. Let me take a moment to thank all of you again.

My love for all my readers!

My silent readers. ❤️❤️

My readers, who have stuck with me from the very beginning.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

My readers who read and shower their love by voting.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘😘😘

My readers who making me feel so so sooo happy with their wonderful, insightful, straight-up amazing comments. Seriously guys, I love you!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

And my favourite kind, the binge readers who join the wagon and read all the chapters in a span of few days and vote. You guys are awesome!❤️❤️❤️😎😎😎😎😎😎❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love you all guys! The end is near and its really making me emotional! :P