Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 2

A/N.

Ta-da! Here it is...only for my wonderful wonderful lovely readers! You guys are so awesome, so encouraging and so sweet with the heart-warming comments, that I wanted to roll this one out as soon as I could. Hope you guys enjoy it! Happy Reading! :)

"Abhi...?" She asked tentatively, trying to get him to let go. If this was one of those things where she got her hopes up only for him to crush them, she might as well rip the bandaid off.

He didn't seem to listen as he hugged her so close. It was like he didn't want them to be two separate physical entities.

Oh god! To be held by him like this, after almost a month...it seemed too surreal. Too good to be true. She was afraid to relax into his embrace, to allow herself the luxury of believing he was warming up to her love and friendship again. But the way he was holding her, the scent of him, his strong arms around her...making her feel cared for and protected. She had missed this feeling too much. This was a part of her, and she had lost it. For the first time in weeks she felt like there was hope.

She decided to let herself have this moment, and embraced him back, her body melting into his.

"I thought I lost you...God! I searched everywhere...Thank God you are safe! Thank God!"

"I left you a note Abhi, didn't you read it?" She asked, confused by the intensity of his relief.

He pulled away from her completely, holding her by her arms.

"You mean that note saying you were out and you will be back by dinner?" He was angry. His eyes shone with barely concealed anger. He looked so hot right now that a strong wave of lust ran over her. The tension between them turning sexual. A shiver ran through her body and he felt it. Eyes widening, he let go of her completely and took a step back.

There it was, she could hear her heart crush for the millionth time in the last two days, from disappointed hopes. His expression going from anger to guilt.

"I...I thought maybe you got upset and...well, I was worried. It's a new city, you don't know anyone here. You didn't take our designated driver with you."

"I am a big girl Abhi. I can take care of myself." She wanted to throw something at him. More than anything she was annoyed at herself.

"I know...I just wanted to apologize. I wanted to talk about what happened today. But you weren't there. If we could talk now..."

She held up a hand to stop him. Siya realized she didn't need Divya to force her anymore. She truly didn't want to talk about it.
"Please...I don't want to talk about it. I think I've had enough for the day. Also, I have dealt with it, and don't want to relive the whole thing again. Please."

He looked positively ravaged at her words.
"You must know how sorry I am..."

"Please stop. Anything you say is going to make it worse. How about we forget it happened and move on as though it didn't? Besides I have decent nightwear now, so I don't think we will have the same issue again."

"We won't, I swear to you we won't. I will sleep on the floor..."

"No Abhimanyu!" She gasped as she realized she'd said his name. He had asked her not to. A bitter reminder of this mornings fiasco. She pasted on a fake smile and continued.
"I'm sorry. I meant Abhi. There is no need for that. We can be adults about this. This is the hugest bed I have ever seen. You can sleep on the far end and I can sleep on the other far end. We can have a pillow border between us if that would give you any piece of mind!"

"That's not necessary. I promise I won't repeat what I did today ever again. I am so sorry...really sor-"

"Please stop apologizing! It is insulting to hear you apologize about it over and over again."