Twenty Two

INFERNO
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
SEPTEMBER, 6TH 1993

"She what?" Dwayne asked following another fucking laugh

"She what?" Dwayne asked following another fucking laugh. He had been laughing at me all morning. With me being busy with Janine's responsibilities as well as mine, I ain't got no time to hang with the fellas'. And I note that I won't ever go and talk to Jackie again.

Worst fucking conversation in my life. I've never had to force a conversation with no one but Jackie, who looked as though she didn't care for me which was cool cause her nutty ass was where she needed to be.

"You let her go all the way to New York to help another man. The same man she got shot for? I knew you was stupid but not stupid stupid." Carl pointed out and I just eyed him.

I never really liked him anyways.

"Shut up Carl, I'm sure Janine doesn't even want him." George assured me but I'm sure she does. Which only pisses me even more off because she probably planned this shit. I hit her two times out of a year and a half relationship and now she seeking attention from elsewhere.

A part of me thought about sneaking up in New York and trying to convince her to come back. Dalvin just gonna' intervene and Skully don't owe me any more favors so I'd have to do it this time.

"George I really don't believe that shit, she got shot for this nigga. I ain't never seen Janine step for anything to Garfield except with his child. Wait where's Joelle?" I put my beer down and shook my head.

"At Mrs.DeGrate's house, she rather be around them than me." I ended with a shrug and kept a smile on my face. yeah it hurts a little bit, because of Janine keeping her in their face of course. Bribing her with ice cream as well as cookies ain't gonna' do nothing but piss Janine when she gets off.

"Look now I usually don't say anything but ain't y'all broken up?" Mark questioned.

"Now I see why you don't say shit. It doesn't matter if we broke up or not. That's who I want forever with? Is there a problem with that?" I questioned and they shook their heads no. Exactly.

Yeah, we not together but don't anybody deserve her but me. I helped her off the addiction, I gave her a place to stay and I helped her with the rink and her bastard of a nephew. I put up with her waking up in the middle of the night from her weird ass dreams. I helped her from the PTSD that she went through from getting shot. That her "friends" fleed from. You tell me who deserves her more.

The phone began to ring and I got up quickly hoping that it was Janine. We hadn't talked in a few days plus I thought something was wrong. That's exactly why I ain't want her there in the first place.

"Hello?" I questioned as the guys turned around to me wondering who was calling.

"Hey, Garfield. I wanted to talk to you." A smile appeared on my face and I couldn't help but want to jump through this phone and bring her back here where she belonged.