Twenty One.

INFERNO
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

OMNISCIENT

June 8th, 1990

"I'm here Pops." Garfield called out, as he set the groceries on the small countertop. He had been in class from the early morning to his job at the Factory.

He usually never stopped by his father's house seeing that they never had the relationship. From the beginning where he had to help his father with his scandalous activities.

They had fleed numerous cities because of things Gary Bright had done, so Gary brung him and his son back to North Carolina where he had first started them.

"Bout' time, you know I don't have shit in this house." His father walked out of his little room and quickly scratched his exposed chest. Garfield rolled his eyes at his ungrateful father who hadn't thanked him for even returning here.

Garfield's worst nightmares appeared in this house as well as hearing the screams from the next house over.

"You know I was thinking about that stupid bet me and Tony made years ago." Garfield smacked his teeth, not wanting to hear how his father reminisced over a man that killed himself.

Garfield had heard many stories of the dynamic thieving duo Stansfield & Bright. As much as he wished he didn't have to hear about it. He was almost beat into it. Gary wanted his son to be just like him, the only difference would be that Garfield would marry one of the Stansfield daughters instead of teaming up with one.

"Pops... I've heard this story too much and I honestly don't care for it. I only know one Stansfield and that's next door." He darted his eyes , standing at his microwave thinking of how he could hit his son from the distance he was at. He knew his wife wasn't the smartest apple in the bunch but he didn't think it had passed on to Garfield.

"That's because that's them asshole." Garfield rolled his eyes and quickly went up the stairs to grab a few things, he wanted to go skate for a while to clear his mind. Darnell and them were busy with their own things and as much as the guys needed to practice for the skating tournament. They could never find a time to practice.

"Nini!" Garfield's eyebrows raised quickly to the sounds of his next door neighbor Jackie. He didn't know much of her except probably that her boyfriend worked with him. He wasn't his favorite person seeing that he had an obnoxious attitude towards people.

To him anyway...

Garfield peeked out of the window and quickly squinted his eyes. There stood Johnathan a old colleague but the other female he wasn't familiar with.

She looked good, different than most of the girls that lived in North Carolina. Her hair sat in a ponytail , her skin was light but could somehow see her freckles from how far he was. A smile was across her face and Garfield found himself admiring her. She was slim but shit so was he. The both of them could be giraffe's.

"I'm just glad we're all in one state. The 3 J's back in this bitch!" Johnathan yelled as the three connected into a hug.

Her head snapped up in his direction and he quickly moved out of the way hoping she didn't see him. She hat might be a little creepy to him.