Chapter 4: Prohibere

August 24th, 2018 8:09 pm

"I don't understand!" I said as I flip threw different books. "It was closed! Why is it open again?" I go to another book looking for any closing spells.

"You improvised the wrong line try something else." The warlock said. I turned and glared at him.

"Would you like to try?" I asked frustrated.

"I can't! I'm not an Imerium. Maybe if you actually practiced useful magic we wouldn't be having this problem right now. I was so annoyed with my situation I threw my book at him. He stopped it with a spell and it flew back at me.

"Ignis." I say and the book goes up in flames in the most dramatic and violent way possible. The fire was gone before the book ever touched the floor but I continue to flip threw books.

"You have no control do you?" The annoying British guy said.

"If your going to criticize everything that I do leave!" I said not looking up from one of my books.

"I would but I need to make sure the tie of our times are closed." He said with the most proper voice that annoyed me more.

"Then do something useful!" I yell as I flair my hands around frustrated.

"Do you talk to everyone like this?" He asked offended.

"Only to the people who talk to me." I wasn't lying. No one talks to me and I guess he's the first one to have a conversation with me. I'm just frustrated because of my own ignorance.

"You need someone who can teach you about your magic. And you need some actual Imerium books instead of that burnt one." I turned to him confused.

"What's an Imerium book?" I asked and I saw his face drop annoyed again.

"The one you found the spell in. That's and Imerium book, or what's left of one." I stopped searching for a spell and look at him.

"Why would there be an Imerium spell book in a witches storage room? Obviously the witches know nothing about Imerium's." He stood thinking over what I had said.

"It is strange that the witches don't know what Imerium's are. Witches respected Imerium's. What could have change that?" He questioned. I knew exactly what could have happened. The Purge of Magic. During that time Imerium's could have been wiped out just like the Warlocks but something must have been different to cause all knowledge of Imerium's to be gone.

"Um..." I questioned if I should inform him of what was going to happen in his time and what would happen to him. "I-I don't know." I said with a voice crack and I turn my back to him and pretending to be busy.

"You are a terrible liar." He said and I felt the room get hotter. "You do know what could have happened." I turned to face him with a fake smile.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I say threw gritted teeth.

"Tell me what you know Imerium!" I dropped the smiled and glared at him.

"I have a name!" He looked unamused and folded his arms.

"What do you know, Imerium?" I turned my back to him.

"Even if I did know something, which I don't, I wouldn't tell you. And my name is Mirella!" I flipped threw anything book and came across a spell that might work. "Okay, this will probably work for a little bit till I can find a permanent solution."

"Let's hope you don't mess this one up like the last." I turned and glared and him but he was smirking playfully.

"Quod nolo abscondere esse videatur." The gap disappeared and I let out a sigh.

"I can still hear you." His mocking British voice rang threw and I glared at where the window use to be.

"It's just a cloaking spell! The window between our time is still there but no one can see it. So just keep your mouth shut and everything will be fine!" I say as I ball up my fist.

"Is everyone this rude in 2018?"

"Is everyone this annoying in 1796?" I heard him chuckle and I flop onto my bed. I placed a hand over my face and I heard echoing footsteps in my room. I assumed that he had walked away from the window.

"Mirella!" I heard Superior Rigby scream from the other side of my wall. "Open this door!" Her manly voice roared. I stand up quickly and I feel my arms shaking. I threw a blanket over that was left of the spell and I opened the door quickly.

"Yes ma'am?" I said with my shy and quiet tone.

"Why is that sky allusion back in the main hall?" I saw the fury in her eyes and I shake scared.

"I don't know. I didn't do it."

"You know what happens when you lie. So tell me exactly-"

"I'm not lying." I impulsively said and I immediately regretted it. She pulled her witch pendent and I felt the magic restraint she was putting on me. My brain felt like it was being taken out and played with. I fell to my knees screaming. 

"Now," she said as the pain began to go away. "Tell the truth." I looked up at her and my arms where shaking.

"I am." I felt the pain return and I couldn't keep a sitting position anymore I fell flat on my back and I was screaming uncontrollably.

"P-PROHIBERE!" I yelled out in pain and I felt the spell stop. I open my eyes and looked up at Superior Rigby and she look confused as I stood up.

"How dare you stop my magic!" She screamed and I felt a sharp sting in my cheeks from her slap. I kept my head to the side and refused to meet her eye. She screamed at me some more but I had toned it out but I did hear some footsteps, they sound like they were running.

"I hope you learned your lesson!" She slapped me again and my head whipped to the other side. After she was done with the torment she slammed the door.

"Mirella," I heard the British voice ring threw my room. "Are you okay?" I stood still as I listened to the soft tone in his voice.

"I'm fine..."

————————————————————

Word Count: 1,049

So, Mirella found a temporary fix to her problem. Will anyone find out what she's done? Keep reading and figure it out.

The photo up top was my works!

Also don't be afraid to tell me about any spelling or grammar mistakes I will take care of them as soon as I can! I try to catch all my mistakes but no ones perfect

Please comment and vote!

Go check out my other stories too!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻