22nd ~ Zaydan

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

"You are late," Marie-Fey said, looking over her sunglasses at Zaydan as he joined her.

He smirked as she held her hand out to him. He took it and pressed his lips to the sun-warmed skin before closing his other hand over the top of it and grinning at her.

"My apologies, work held me up," he said.

"Uh-huh," Marie-Fey said before shooting a glare at one of Zaydan's men. "Your gun is blocking my sun, move it," she ordered and the man and his military grade assault rifle moved it.

Maanah rose to take Zaydan's coat and hand it to a waiter while Zaydan took a seat beside Marie-Fey and glanced through the menu his PA held open for him. Giving his order, he then turned to Marie-Fey, slipping her arm through his.

"So, I assume you're ready for the holidays?"

"Of course. I informed the family you were joining us."

"Yes, about that—" Zaydan started and Marie-Fey shot him a look that might have castrated another man. "Now, my dear, don't look at me like that. You know work gets in the way."

"You and your brother are useless," Marie-Fey sighed in annoyance. "I need to be able to parade at least one of you around."

Zaydan laughed. "Perhaps I should get into the market of finding you a poodle."

"I'm perfectly happy with a falcon, a monkey and a camel," Marie-Fey replied, then waved it off. "But fine, if you can't make it, I understand. Christmas is hardly an important celebration for you... like all the others."

"Oh now, don't I always go out of my way to make a fuss about your birthday. The birthday of the lady of the house can't be dismissed."

"I'm talking about Christmas, not my birthday. There's not a man in this family that would dare miss my birthday," Marie-Fey shot back at him.

Zaydan grinned. "If I can make it over to the UK, I'll do my utmost best. It really will be impossible for my brother, but you knew that. I make no promises, but I shall try. Think of it as a Christmas gift."

"On top of all the things I know you've already bought me?" Marie-Fey said, raising an eyebrow over her sunglasses. "My, you spoil me."

Zaydan laughed at her deadpan voice. "Anything for my favourite girl."

"Argh, you're useless," Marie-Fey said and Zaydan kissed the back of her hand before his drink arrived and he set about ordering food for the table, his guards hovering while his PA and staff coordinated with Maanah and Gharam about schedules to make sure both employers would be where they needed to be when they needed to be there and if there was any chance of getting Zaydan over to the UK for Christmas in time for one of the biggest parties of the season.  

~~~~

Music By: Michael Bublé

Slightly annoying having this final story in because it tells us how their friendship works when we've barely seen them together in the novel but ah well lol.