10th ~ Braydon

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

"Luka? Luka you gotta help me, I can't keep doing this on my own!"

"I'm working, Bray," Luka said on the other end of the phone, "I can't come now."

"You're literally on the other side of the manor! We're in the same building!"

"I have a video call with clients starting in less than ten minutes, I don't have time. Where's Grey, get him to help."

"Oh god you must be joking. I'm not having him and the lad tearing down the goddamn tree," Braydon snapped. "I've kicked them out!"

"Then just leave it to the staff. They're more than capable."

"You're no help at all. Can't you at least send Beldon over? He's back, right?"

"Are you serious? You will not find a more useless party planner than my husband, you know that. You're not that desperate."

"I hate you sometimes."

"Gotta go, bye!"

Luka hung up and Braydon glared at his phone before looking up at the ballroom that was currently half way through decorating for the Christmas parties.

The decorating wasn't the problem.

But why did Antoinette have to leave him literally everything. The catering, the entertainment, the gifts, the music, the children's amusement. Even with a list detailing everything, it didn't detail what to do when things went wrong, and it was just... a LOT.

"Rose, please come home," he moaned.

"Sir?"

Braydon turned to find Jem, one of the two head housekeepers, stood behind him, Vanessa and Sebastian behind her.

"Please don't tell me something else has gone wrong," Braydon groaned, his shoulders sagging.

"No, Sir," Jem replied, "Master Luka indicated you might need some help overall?"

Braydon stared at her for a moment, then stepped forwards and threw his arms around her, hugging her so tightly something in her back cracked and Jem turned to stone because, after all, no one just hugged Jem.

"Thank you!" Braydon cried, shoving the notebook towards her, "please! End this torment!"

Jem raised an eyebrow at him, but smiled slightly and took the book, flicking it open. "Very well. Vanessa, can I trust you to handle music and entertainment."

"Of course," Vanessa said.

"Sebastian, catering and gifts?"

"Certainly."

"I shall continue to oversee the decorations and the overall preparation, report back to me at the end of the day and we'll discuss tomorrows events."

Vanessa and Sebastian nodded and walked away and Jem turned to Braydon.

"A suggestion, Sir," she said, not unkindly, "I believe you are better suited to business than party planning."

"I could not agree with you more. I shall leave this in your capable hands," Braydon said quickly, rushing passed.

"And we'll be sure to keep Ms. Antoinette out of the loop," Jem said, flicking through the book as Braydon glanced back at her. "No reason to make her think you uncapable."

Braydon raised an eyebrow, then grinned at her. "What would we do without the staff of Rose Manor?"

"I dread to think, Sir."

~~~~

Music By: Johnny Matthis 

Ok, can you see this chapter this time? It seems like neither of the last two chapters uploaded properly?