13th ~ Cinderella

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

"Bigger! It needs to be bigger!"

"If it gets any bigger, it'll fall and crush you."

"Not the worst thing."

Cinderella raised an eyebrow as Jezabelle and her sister just shrugged as Giselle stormed off to find the biggest and best tree in the whole of collection.

"We could, of course, have had the wretched thing delivered to us, seeing as we're hardly going to take it home in the town car," Jezabelle sighed into her muffler.

Cinderella smiled as she removed a hand from her muff to indicate to the staff to follow her sister before tucking it back into the warmth again. "It's a good family activity," she said.

"So is decorating it but since we'll be having that done professionally anyway, I don't see the point," Jezabelle replied.

"I'm sure we won't be much longer, then we'll go home and I'll make us all some hot chocolate."

Jezabelle eyed her through a narrow gaze for a long moment until Cinderella raised an eyebrow at her.

"Considering both my sister and I were complete bitches to you for most of our time living together, I find your tolerance of us highly unnerving," Jezabelle replied.

Cinderella gave her a smile that shone brightly against the snow and electric lights of the Christmas tree park. "You are my only family," she pointed out.

"You have Jazz," Jezabelle returned.

"Yes, I have Jazz," Cinderella said, looking around as a triumphant cheer sounded from somewhere in the depths of the park, "And I have my uncle, and their families... but I would like my sisters. Sisters are different to partners and uncles and aunts and friends."

Jezabelle looked at her for a moment, then looked away, pushing the cashmere muffler higher up her face to cover her nose as the snow caught in her white kubanka hat. "True," she said, her voice softened by the fabric.

Cinderella smiled at her again before turning away. "Why don't we wait in the car?" she suggested, "It's getting awfully cold."

"A wonderful idea, she'll find her own way back, I'm sure," Jezabelle said, spinning away as they both retuned to the car, their driver scrambling out to get the door against the snow and wind, waiting so they could finally head back home to enjoy hot chocolate by the fire in the main parlour with a movie.

It was Giselle's turn to choose the movie that night and Cinderella just knew she'd choose The Grinch – or The Jezabelle as Giselle liked to call it – since they hadn't watched it yet that year and Cinderella smiled at the idea as she looked out of the car window to see Giselle finally appearing again, discussing time of delivery (which she was probably demanding be later that night, the decorative staff had been booked first thing the next morning after all thus a tree was needed).

"Why don't we try decorating the tree ourselves this year?' Cinderella suggested, looking around and Jezabelle gave her a look utmost horror.

"You want to let Giselle near the tree?" she gasped, "Do you not remember the china collection?"

Cinderella thought for a moment, then gave a wincing smile. "Maybe not," she agreed, "Perhaps a safer, less breakable family activity is called for."

Jezabelle sat back, shaking her head in disgust for a moment before thinking. "Ginger Bread Houses," she said, and Cinderella looked at her in surprise, "We'll make Ginger Bread Houses. That way the only thing Giselle can break are her teeth."

~~~

Music By: Frank Sinantra 

Awww, it's not the worst thing see those three actually kind of functioning as a family.