5th ~ Beldon

Jingle Bells Rock

"Luka! Luka, I'm borrowing your card, ok?!"

"Eh, so that's why I can't find it," Luka grumbled over the phone as Beldon crammed his mobile between his shoulder and ear, balancing eleven shopping bags over his arms and Luka's credit card between his teeth as he hauled his newest batch of shopping onto the shop counter.

"I uss nee it for su las sings," Beldon said through his teeth.

Luka was quiet on the other end for a moment, then ask, "Are you biting my card?"

"No," Beldon said quickly, spitting the card out, "Anyway, gotta go!"

He quickly hung up on Luka's snap about bitemarks and turned his attention to the cashier who was trying not to stare at him.

He shot her a dazzling grin and she blushed, smiling back, quickly putting the items through as Beldon unearthed another bag to put the newest load of shopping in.

Once finished, he whirled away, lightly dodging another young man, smiling an apology which had the man stammering before making his way out of the shop and back out into the halls of the department store – his bags like roman shields around him, forcing people to move aside as hundreds of Christmas shoppers manoeuvred around each other, swarming stores, emptying bank accounts and depressing retail staff to the theme tune of Jingle Bells Rock.

Beldon dug out his earbuds and shoved the jack into his phone, hitting the number for Luka and slipping one earbud into place before charging forth into the crowds.

"Are you shopping me poor?" Luka answered with deadpan seriousness.

"Hah, like I can do that. Not even Marie-Fey could shop you into poverty," Beldon said, weaving seamlessly through the crowds.

"When are you coming home?"

"Why? Miss me?"

"Always."

Beldon grinned at the simple honesty before looking up at one of the big clocks as he passed the central plaza.

"An hour or so, I think. Are you sure you won't join me?"

"I refuse."

"It would just be for a short while."

"I refuse to be around that many people."

"If you joined me you wouldn't have to miss me."

"I don't miss you that much."

Beldon snorted with laughter. "Fine, be that way. I'll be home shortly once I finish here and find Julius."

"You lost him? I thought he was sent to control you."

"He was... and then I misplaced him. AH! JULIUS!!"

Beldon shot his hand into the air, bouncing to be seen over the crowds as he spotted Julius looking lost and harassed by one of the food stands.

"Judging by the deafness in my left ear, I assume you found him. I'll see you when you get home," Luka said, his voice quieter as he held the phone away from his ear. "Love you."

"Love you!" Beldon cheered as they hung up and Beldon charged towards Julius who had spotted him.

"ARGH! How much did you buy?!" Julius cried, gaping at him right before Beldon hurled half the shopping into his face, grabbed his arm and dragged him off.

"We're not done yet! Next!"

"Aw c'mon man! Dude, my feet!" Julius wailed, allowing Beldon to haul him away as they were swallowed into the crowds.

~~~~

Art by: Google Image

I didn't think Beldon was so into Christmas but apparently modern AU Bel really is. Huh.