14th ~ Jazz

Christmas Present

"Why are girls so damn hard to shop for?" Theodore moaned as he stared at four different purses that all looked the same to him except the style of extra side pocket.

"What are you talking? Boys are far harder to shop for," Grace said, frowning at him, looking up from her phone.

"Boy are easy," Theodore said, spinning the laptop around for her to look. "These all look the same!"

"No, they don't," Charlotte said as she looked at the options. "And Mum won't like any of them."

"Uuuugh," Theodore cried, collapsing back against his seat. "I hate Christmas! Jazz! Andy! Anthony! You agree, right? Women are hard to shop for!!"

His brothers all looked up from where they were sat on the floor by the fire place or at the table, presents spread out around them, wrapping paper, Sellotape, scissors and ribbon strewn all around them.

Theodore glared at his older brothers. "You're traitors, the lot of you."

"It's all about paying attention to what women talk about throughout the year," Andy said in that annoying All-Knowing voice as he neatly wrapped another gift.

"It's about taking a wild guess and hoping you get it right," Anthony corrected under his breath as he tackled a bottle of wine with wrapping paper in the hopes it didn't look too horrendous once it was buried under ribbon.

Theodore glared between them, then looked at Jazz who was sat by the fire, adding the finishing touches to a stack of hardback books.

"How do you know what to get anyone?" he asked.

Jazz glanced at him. "I like present shopping," he said, turning back to his gifts, "I like giving people presents so I don't find it that big a deal."

"You're so annoying."

Jazz shot him a grin. "Also, I went shopping with Cinders and she is beyond organised when it comes to gifts so it's crazy easy for me."

"That's cheating!" Theodore snarled, "You can't use her! Did she pick her own gifts?! You're so lazy!"

"She did not pick her own gifts, I chose them," Jazz said, frowning disapprovingly at the idea.

"So how do you knooooow what to get her? THAT'S my problem here!"

Jazz grinned again and patted the stack of books then pointed to the small mountain of presents off to the side. "Like I said, I like giving gifts. And I like giving her gifts. And, I know my lady. Better than you, whingeing about not knowing what to buy Mum, you've only known her your entire life."

Theodore looked at him for a long, displeased moment, then narrowed his eyes. "I hate you," he concluded, and Jazz smirked at him. 

~~~~

Music By: Andy Williams

Uuuuuugh, I need a Cinderella atm, I haven't done nearly enough present shopping yet -.-