21st ~ Marie-Fey

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

"Don't be ridiculous, darling, of course I'm coming home," Marie-Fey said as she snapped her fingers towards the waiter and pointed to her glass, the waiter rushing forwards to refill it.

She adjusted the phone against her ear, taking a sip.

"I just don't see the need to rush back into the cold when I have no need to. All my presents have arrived, yes?"

"Of course they've arrived, sister dearest," Constantine said with long-suffering exasperation that carried all the way across the seas from the UK, "But you are avoiding all the chores of Christmas."

"Of course, I am," Marie-Fey said, lightly pushing her large Prada sunglasses back up her nose and tipping the brim of her huge white and gold sunhat up to see Maanah and Gharam appearing through the doors of the rooftop restaurant – which gave some of the best views of the sea of desert in the city – pointing towards them and sending one of the staff to go bring them to her table. "Why on earth would I suffer the carolling and the chaos and the all the nonsensical cheer before I need to? The jet is chartered to leave in a day, I shall be there for Christmas Eve, I don't see the problem."

"You disgust me with your behaviour towards wealth, I hope you know that," Constantine said.

"Of course you do. Because my behaviour mimics your behaviour and yet you still didn't manage to escape the drama of Christmas. Tell me, go on, how many charity events have you had to suffer? How many awful children's choirs have you sat through as Daddy's representative at those fundraising balls? How many girlfriends, fiancées and wives have you had an opportunity to slip away with and yet had to refrain from because all the entertainment media have eyes on you at this time of year, just waiting to see what scandal you can drag up – like a Christmas miracle for those gossip rags."

Constantine released a loud and agonised moan that told her exactly how much he was suffering during this happy time of year and Marie-Fey laughed.

"And you wonder why I have yet to come back to that circus?" she sneered, signalling for the girls to order whatever they liked as they took seats opposite.

"Again, you disgust me. You have no loyalty."

"Indeed, I do not."

"Fine, fine, who will you be coming home with?"

"The girls, of course. Perhaps I'll bring Azeeza. Zaydan might join us unless he chooses to stay and work."

"And will you be staying at the family estate or a hotel?"

"The family estate."

"I shall inform the staff."

"How are the preparations coming along? Is Antoinette back from New York?"

"She returns home tomorrow with the rest. Braydon handed the preparations off to Jem and she's finished ahead of schedule. Everyone who is anyone is attending – apart from maybe Luka and Beldon, seeing as it's their home, they always do find the best hiding spots. All the rooms are going to be filled, it will be incredibly busy for the next few days, hence why you need to come home and suffer."

"Yes, yes, I'll be home to suffer in a few days," Marie-Fey said examining her nails before they finally said goodbye and hung up.

"Do you wish to return home, earlier? I can rearrange the flight," Maanah said.

"Lord no," Marie-Fey said as Zaydan arrived with his entourage of armed guards and business underlings. "I shall be enjoying my time in the sun until I decide to return and not a minute sooner."

~~~~

Music By: The Grinch, Jim Carrey

Lol, Modern Marie-Fey is clearly much more at home in her new country - absent husband or not - the addition of fast travel and private jets, allowing for quick trips home, make allllll the difference

Also, the song doesn't quiiiite go with Marie-Fey in this chapter, but I can also see her stealing Christmas if someone gets on the wrong side of her. You're a Mean One, Marie-Fey lol.