18th ~ Cole

All I Want For Christmas 

"Are you ok?"

Cole looked around as Dalton stopped beside him, looking at the items of wool clothing on display at the Christmas stall they stood at.

"Sure, why?" Cole asked, examining a hat.

"Kazimir," Dalton said bluntly, and Cole chuckled.

"Don't worry about that, I know what Kaz is like."

"You seemed... upset? Annoyed?"

"I love his dedication to being a champion, and it's also what pisses me off."

"So, it's not his prickly mood?"

Cole laughed. "I wouldn't make it a month with him if his attitude got to me. He's not exactly user friendly."

"No," Dalton conceded, "that he isn't."

He picked up a beautifully soft creamy white scarf, running his fingers along the single thread of diamond patterning down the centre.

"I'm alright, Dal, seriously," Cole said.

Dalton was quiet for a moment, then put the scarf aside. "I'm just worried about you, that's all. He's not... like... a nice person."

Cole stared at Dalton for a moment, then threw his head back with laughter, his wild hair flaring around him as the light caught across his piercings and eyes as they shone with amusement as Dalton glared at him.

"Nice? Kazimir?" Cole said, grinning, "C'mon, Dal. If anyone knows that. I know that. He can be both the kindest and most difficult person a person can ever meet. Look, I'm not worried about his lack of sweetness. If I wanted sweet, I'd go after Perry, or some nice young lady."

Dalton from frowning at him. "Kindest?" he repeated slowly, like he'd never heard the word, before raising an eyebrow. "Hell, he really has you all tied up, I never thought I'd see the day – I can't decide if I'm happy for you or disgusted."

Cole just snorted. "Says the guy who's been in love with the same girl since he was like six."

"What are you looking for, anyway?"

"Presents for Kaz."

"Do you find him hard to shop for?"

"No, he generally likes whatever I get him," Cole said, picking up the scarf Dalton had been holding.

"I don't really understand you two sometimes," Dalton said, frowning.

Cole snorted. "That's alright," he said, handing the scarf and money over to the stall owner for it to be wrapped and paid. "So long as we understand each other."

"So, what's he getting you for Christmas?" Dalton asked as they turned away.

"I ordered him to get me a really specific gift."

"What is it? You know how lazy he can be about anything off the ice."

"I told him I want a free weekend with him."

Dalton stared like Cole was asking Kazimir to put out the sun for a fortnight. "Did he agree?" he asked, shocked.

"Dunno, have to find out at Christmas, but that's all I want," Cole said before his grin turned wicked, "I have backed the man into a corner and he'll be hard pressed to escape me. I'll get my way."

Dalton raised an eyebrow at him as Cole smirked away to himself. Did he mention that when Kazimir was backed into a corner, his usual reaction was to kick the wall down? No, Cole already knew that... well, good luck to that Christmas present. 

~~~~

Music By: Mariah Carey

I don't think Kazimir's bad temper and unreasonable attitudes actually ever bother Cole -.- He literally doesn't care lol