15th ~ Aeralie

Run Run Rudolf

"Aeralie, you're on in ten, time to get in place."

Aeralie looked away from the mirror, then waved to the stage hand who stepped back out of the dressing room before turning back to her reflection and ran her fingers through her hair one last time.

"Do you think you'll come home straight after the show or attend the after party?" Kazimir asked, his image on the phone screen revealing him gliding backwards, long hair rippling around him.

"I think I'll come straight home tonight," Aeralie replied.

"A lot of big names are attending this party, right?"

"Yeah but I'm sure they'll survive without me. Assuming you're going to come home at a reasonable hour, of course. You realise we still haven't had our Cousin Cazoo Grand Present Swap-a-roo, right?"

"Please don't call it that," Kazimir said with an air of wilting exasperation.

Aeralie shot him image a grin.

"Yes, I'll be home around the same time as you. I can't practice all night after all."

"Only because your coach would confiscate your skates."

"I hate him sometimes."

Aeralie laughed. "Alright, cus, gotta run. The public awaits."

"Have fun. Break a leg or something else of mild value," Kazimir said with a lazy wave before they disconnected. Aeralie tossed her phone into her bag, took one last look at her reflection, taking in the sparkling white dress that was only halfway down the thighs at the front but streamed out into a dramatic train by the end, matching her white high heels, white crystal jewellery and fake snow dusted in her hair.

"Ok," she said, giving herself a grin before walking out, stadium staff streaming towards her, talking through headsets, keeping her train off the floor, touching up her make-up, running through the setlists, making sure her mic-pack was secured and also hidden.

She could feel the rumble of the stadium overhead as they moved below the stage, thousands upon thousands of people screaming in excitement as her opening act finished up.

"Sounds like they're nice and riled up," she said as she stepped onto the platform that would raise her up from under the stage. She grinned as she rolled her shoulders, bonusing on the balls of her feet, the point of her heels clicking against the floor.

"Ready to send them wild?" her manager asked with a smile as her skirts were arraigned around her.

She gave him the thumbs up.

"Bring on the biggest Christmas concert of the season," she said.

The final call was made.

Staff rushed off the stage and Aeralie began to rise.

Music blasted overhead as her band kicked off and the stadium trembled as she rose into view, touching her fingers lightly to her hidden mic once for good luck before throwing her hand up into the air in greeting, the reply nearly knocking her back as she laughed, sweeping to the edge of the stadium stage to start singing. 

~~~~

Music By: Kelly Clarkson

Well, her accent is totally wrong for Aeralie but OMG can she siiiiing. Ms Clarkson, you have some of the best Xmas Songs!

And yes, this one was delayed - but not because of weird glitches this time - just me. I was finishing a massive essay last night. Kaz's chapter will be up in a moment (once i've written it lol)