She was beautiful.

He couldn't help but admire her beauty. Just being with her this close made his body react in ways he had not felt in ages. Unknowingly, Fryer found himself relaxing in her touch.

Elena, who noticed his behavior smirked, "don't tell me you have fallen for me."

Fryer rolled his eyes and pushed her hand away, this time gently. As Fryer let go of her hand, Elena immediately grabbed it back and started to walk, pulling him along with her.

Freyer silently followed her without questioning while he stared at their interlinked hands noticing how her hand fit perfectly in his.

When they were close enough, Elena once again hid behind a tree pulling Fryer along with her. She gestured for him to look ahead while keeping his silence. They were near the border so he wasn't sure what someone was doing here until he saw them. 

Kathrine! It was his pack member but what was she doing here? 

She was holding her cheek as if she had just been slapped. There was another man here who was looking at her in anger. 

"It's only two of them here tonight," Elena whispered. "The other day there was another man here—a hunter to be exact."

He looked at her momentarily then back at the scene that was unfolding. 

"That man is her father—also the alpha of Azulo pack!" Elena whispered, excitement laced in her voice as if she was watching some thriller movie. 

Shocked at her words, Fryer focused his attention on the man to realize he really was Alpha Marcus.

"Don't make us wait for any longer Katherine, or I really will forget you are my daughter," Alpha Marcus growled. 

"Yes...yes father!" Katherin submitted to his command. 

Fryer wanted to walk forward but he was stopped by Elena who pushed him against the tree. She shook her head in denial as if telling him to not make any stupid move. Elena again looked at the two while staying in the same position. 

Fryer whose face was mere inches away from Elena's sucked in his breath. She truly was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her red hair was tied in a bun, two hairsticks pocking out of them. With few stray locks framing her face, her blue eyes sparkled under the moonlight. There was a ring of red around her iris that was too hard to notice. Freckles were dusted over her pale skin. There was a faded scar above her right eyebrow which ended below her eyes. 

Fryer felt his wolf steer inside him asking for control but why? What was in this girl that had awakened excitement inside his wolf? It never reacted this way to a person.

Fryer's moved his thumb across her eyebrow tracing along the scar and feeling her soft skin under his rough one. Startled by the sudden touch, Elena's eye snapped towards Fryer's making a contact. Fryer stopped his movement but didn't take off his thumb.

She wanted to kiss him.

She wanted to run her fingers through his long hair.

She wanted to feel his bare skin under hers.

The desire was too strong. Something inside her was telling her to lean forward and kiss him. Elena took a long shaky breath finding it too hard to resist. The two continued staring at each other, too entranced to say a word. 

Fryer looked at her parted lips. Unconsciously, he brought his face closer to hers, his eyes never leaving hers until they heard Alpha Marcus' voice.

"You have one more week!"