| 11 |

"There is nothing to do in this pack!" Elena complained, tossing herself on the bed with a loud groan, "like nothing at all, I'm getting bore now!"

Elestren chuckled at her friend while she continued painting her nails, "well, good for me, I got a date tonight." 

"How fun!" Elena said with a stoic facial expression. Elestren who clearly saw how much Elena was uninterested laughed.

"Just wait until you get someone in your life,"

"As if that would ever happen," Elena snorted. Just the very thought of it made her laugh. "I don't want to be stuck with one person my whole life."

Ever since she found out that she could never have a mate, she had removed the thought of getting in a relation. And to think she ran away seven years ago thinking she actually had a mate and they were going to hurt him⁠. She was a freak who was neither a part of humans nor a part of werewolves and that was her reality.

•☾•

Elena had fallen asleep as soon as Elestren left. It was somewhere around midnight when she woke up due to unknown reasons. She looked to the left side of her bed and noticed Elestren was still not back which she had kind of expected. She would be surprised if she saw her in the morning either since she was aware of how horny werewolves were. 

She slowly slid out of the bed and walked to the window. She was only wearing a thin satin nightgown that was showing more skin than hiding it.  

Looking outside, the moon was hiding behind the dark clouds and harsh winds were blowing from different directions. By the looks of it, it was soon going to rain. Elena looked at a distance, at the dense trees where she couldn't see clearly. A cold shiver that has nothing to do with the weather went down her spine. She could feel there was something there—something dangerous. That was the very reason she had woken up in the middle of her peaceful sleep. 

She looked down to check if there were any guards around but saw none. Her eyes again went back to the forest. She opened the window and walked into the small three feet balcony. The cold wind nibbed her skin as she walked to the edge of the small balcony. Resting her hands on the railing, she closed her eyes feeling the chilling wind against her skin. Taking a long deep breath, she slowly opened her eyes revealing her now glowing red eyes instead of her usual blue ones. 

All of her senses have raised up, she could see better, she could hear better and she could feel better, even better than a werewolf. A gift that not many people were aware of. She kept her eyes focused on one place and a smirk appeared on her lips.

"And to think I thought it was something dangerous..." she chuckled and shook her head. 

She brought her senses back to norman and walked back inside her room. She changed into her black pants and a tank top. She wore a long leather coat that reached inched below her knees. Opening her jewelry box, she took out a pair of hairsticks that though looked like ordinary hairsticks, were actually sharp silver blades that were as thin as needles. Smiling to herself, she put the protective sheaths on and put the hairsticks in her own hair making sure they were secured.

She again walked to the balcony and closed the window behind her.  After making sure no one was around, she jumped out of the window gracefully landing on the ground. Adjusting her clothes and once again making sure that she was alone, she ran straight into the forest. 

Dodging under and above the tree branches, she finally reached the place. Hiding behind a thick tree trunk, she carefully watched the three having a heated discussion.

"...stop making excuses! I have given everything to you in a silver plater yet you still can't do anything correctly" The man flared in anger. 

He was a werewolf, Elena could feel it right away and so was the girl who was getting scolded by him. But the third man, he was a human...a hunter? Elena could not figure out what was happening, how a werewolf and hunter were standing together without killing each other. 

"I'm trying, father!" The girl said, "but he won't just give in. He doesn't even let me get near him."

"If you can't get close to the alpha then change your target to the beta. He has almost as much authority as an alpha!" 

Elena narrowed her eyes at the mention of Jaden not liking what this conversation was actually about.

"He...he found his mate," the girl stuttered, guilt evident in her voice. 

Rage overtook Elena seeing how someone was actually against her friend finding her mate.

The hunter who has been listening to them silently laughed. Though there was nothing humorous about his tone. He was wearing a mask over his face not revealing a single feature of his face beside his eyes. 

"I don't think I killed Fryer's mate for nothing you know!" he narrowed his eyes at the girl. "How in the world a man as weak as him can't get affected by you. I thought you said you are the best when it came to men."

"He is different," the girl cried out her excuse, "it's been eight years that his mate died yet he is doing alright. NO ONE EVEN KNOWS THAT HIS MATE IS DEAD!" 

Elena watched in shock, it was something she never expected to hear. She wanted to move forward, make her presence known and ask them what in the hell were they talking about but she stayed still. Watching them, as the men threatened the girl with her life. She hid further back when the three left—each in different directions. 

She waited for a couple of minutes making sure they were all gone before she moved out of her hiding. She walked to the place they were standing and looked in each direction they went to. 

"A member of Ashbryn pack, the alpha of  Azulo pack, and a hunter from silver slayers, this was one hell of a combination!" Elena said out loud since she had easily recognized them. 

The mask and the cloak that was hiding the identity of the hunter was something the silver slayers always wore. The tattoos on the other man's hand were the tribal tattoos each Azulo member bore and she could easily feel the power of an alpha radiating from him. 

This combination didn't sit well with her though. They have been planning something for more than eight years. Fryer mate was dead and they were the cause of it. Experiments were performed on werewolves and they were the ones doing it. They have been targetting this pack and who knows, they might have been targetting other packs as well. 

Elena was not sure what was going on but she sure as hell didn't like it. She knew she had to stop this and inform others before more damage was done but how was she going to do it? How was she going to even tell them how she found all this? 

Elena sighed when she felt the rain. She looked up just in time the rainfall became heavy making her curse. Immediately looking down, she wiped her face and started to run towards the house hoping she won't get much wet.