"I don't want to jump into this and know that I'll be thinking of Donald the whole time. Cause he's on my mind as we speak. So if you want to leave right now you can. I'm telling you this because of past things." I explained hoping that he got the jist of what I was saying. He chuckled sipped some of his water.

"Janine, I understand you & Donald had something in the past and that's understandable seeing what happened. But I'm here now and I want a chance. So let me have one. I'll show what I got to offer." He expressed with a small smile awaiting my response.

Giving a small smile for warmth I gave in. Garfield was sweet and a good friend, he was the only person I could confide in when things were really tough so maybe this wasn't a bad idea.

"Alright, I'm giving you a chance."

End Of Flashback.

I may not always sing in tune
And sometimes you don't hear me
But you don't have to be near me
To know that I'm singing

" You know if I wasn't worried about you, I'd cuss ya' ass out for coming in here." I turned around to Donald who was walking over to me.

"I think you leave the door open for me to come up in here. You just want to catch me in here so you can cuss me out." He chuckled and quickly took over the piano playing a familiar tune.

"Ahh..you think ya' slick?" I asked with a smile on my face. He turned to me and winked.

I see you in a lonely place
How can you be so blind
You're still regretting
The love you left, left behind
Oh darling

I've seen you go through the changes
Sitting alone each night
Are you expecting to find the love
Love that's right

"You gonna' sing with me?" He turned me and shook his head and continued playing. I popped his arm.

"And why not?" He stopped playing and sat back quickly looking at me as if I defended him.

"You know I'm not the singer, that's K-Ci & Jojo. If you want K loud ass over here feel free to call him and Mary over but as soon as she starts smacking him around you gotta' escort they ass out." I chuckled and the room went quiet.

"I know you sick of us asking but you sure?" His head turned to me and at first, I didn't know what he was talking about but it clicked.

He was asking if I was okay...again.

Instead of saying anything I just gave him the most convincing smile I could.

"Janine...that smile didn't make the shit any better. If it's really messing with ya'. You can talk to me? Ya know?"

"If I can talk to you, then that means you gotta talk to me and that means from the beginning, Donald." He raised an eyebrow probably wondering what I was speaking about.

"Whatchu' mean the beginning?"

"Resolve our shit from 90' all the way to now." He opened his mouth but I stopped him.