"Janine!"

"Huh?" I woke up out my sleep to see Donald standing over me like some weirdo. He was halfway dressed and looked at me as if I had something on my face.

"I heard you from down in the studio. I came to see what the commotion was? You straight?" I nodded and sat up looking at the time.

3 am. I had only been sleep for a good two hours.

"Yeah never better." He nodded walking back to the door, but I could tell he wanted to say something. Finally he turned back around.

"I- I'll be in the studio if you need anything. I don't know if you do but yeah." He turned back around , leaving shortly afterwards but I just shook my head.

Once he left, I looked in the mirror in the bathroom. And looked at the bruise on my face. It had been two weeks and it had slimmered down but my jaw was still hurting when I ate anything.

Dalvin & The guys asked me frequently if I was okay but I just don't want to talk about it. I do too much good to be getting this shit in return. The Bible that I read when I first got here? Was in my suitcase seeing as though I just didn't feel like praying no more.

I cut the light off, stepping back out the bathroom and out the room. Looking back at the room that I wasn't allowed in, It was open yet again and I honestly didn't even care if Donald seen me in there this time.

I stepped in slowly, keeping my steps minimum seeing that my foot still ached from the glass.

Sitting down on the mahogany bench, in front of this piano he had. I'm pretty sure he'll pop up soon to flip the fuck out.

Beginning to play, I quickly retracted. He probably waiting for me to touch them. Looking at the door that was creaked open, he wasn't in sight.

This is my song
And no one can take it away
It's been so long, but now you're here
Here to stay
And I wonder if you know what it means
To find your dreams come true

This is my song
And no one can make it a lie
It's been so long since someone
Could make me cry
And I wonder if you know what it means
To laugh as tears go by

Flashback March 10th, 1991

Here I was sitting at a dinner table in a restaurant with none other than Garfield. He had gone to get a haircut as well as shaping his facial hair. He really was stepping his game up.

But why? For me?

"You look ravishing tonight Janine." He reached his arm over to the left side where I was laying my hand to rub my thumb against his. I gave him a warm smile but all I kept thinking about was the brown satin shirt he had on.

It reminded me of Donald who shouldn't have been on my mind anyway.

"You okay?" I nodded with a weak smile and looked at the plate the waitress was sitting down.

"Janine you can tell me the truth...about what's really on your mind." I looked up from the table and once the waiter left I opened my mouth.