Bonus: Funeral (REAL)

2 Days Later

I fixed my tie in the mirror and sighed to myself. Today was to be your funeral. Though we were all on our way to finally being okay again, this would be a painful reminder of how much we missed you. 

Namjoon came and stood beside me in the mirror of my room, dressed in all black like myself. He had offered to speak instead of me, but I felt that it would be unjust to pass it off to someone else when I had known you best. So, I had prepared a speech that I would be giving in front of your family and friends. A eulogy in remembrance of you. 

A slight smile danced on the corner of Namjoon's lips, almost as a reminder that today wasn't about us and our sadness. It was about you. I managed to smile back and with that, we went out to the car.

All the other boys were already at the funeral home, having gone this morning to help prepare the ceremony. We drove there in an exhausting silence and my eyes closed easily, giving in to the memories of you that were behind them. 

* * *

When the time was right and everyone had arrived, I walked up to the front and looked at everyone who had attended. Your family (that I had only ever seen in pictures on your phone) was here, as was Eun. Taehyung was had an arm around her and I remember briefly that they had shown interest in one another. At least one happily ever after might come from this whole affair. In the back corner I noticed Sejun, the hairdresser who had seemed to know us and you, wiping gentle tears from his eyes. There were many other students around, I assumed they were your school friends. 

And so I took a deep breath, and began.

"Some of you may not know who I am or why I'm here, so let me explain. (Y/N) and I met in a park, (or rather, a tree) a few months ago. She was enchanting in the way she talked and walked and even breathed. She was soft and gentle and yet so powerful all at once that I couldn't help but fall for her. 

"Our love story was a brief but exciting one. Every moment that we spent together was mystical and thrilling, whether we were going on an adventure or just napping in the light of the afternoon. I've never seen someone so easily loved. And then....it ended." My voice caught in my throat. I raised a hand to my face but couldn't stop the tears. 

"When someone die's...there's this dumb phrase that people use. 'She was too perfect for this earth.' And while that is entirely bullshit, I full-heartedly believe that this world was not worthy of (Y/N)." 

I looked around, and saw the same tears of pain and hope in the eyes of everyone listening. 

"(Y/N)..." I addressed you, "There's little I can say concerning this pain that hasn't already been said. We miss you, you know that. We love you and we hope that whatever happens after this life treats you well. If we're lucky, maybe we'll see you again someday. And until then, we'll take care of each other. You forever have my love, (Y/N)."

I stepped down from the stand and was immediately rushed by the other members hugging me. When they released me, Eun was there in front of me. The two of us were quite possibly her best friends, and I could easily see my pain reflected in her. I tentatively raised my arms and she flew into them without a thought. She sobbed in my embrace but when we parted I could see that she would be okay.

We would all be okay. 

When we separated, I gave her a smile and walked towards the stone memorial for you, pulling something small out of my pocket. I smiled at it briefly before placing it in on the side of the stone. It was a polaroid that I had asked PD-nim to take of us all this morning before we left. I tried to really smile for you.

Here's to all the memories we had together, don't forget us.