Your Heart Strings (REAL)

I returned to the dorm, talking to you the whole way home. Whether you could hear me or not, I didn't know and I didn't care. I just wanted to speak, to say the words burning in my mind.

"Taehyung misses you, you know. Why exactly did you run into a burning building? He went to go surprise you and came home sobbing. I didn't know what to do so I didn't talk to him but now I wish I had. I wish I could have told him that you had a good reason for doing it, but did you?"

I wiped my face, disgusted as my hands came back with smeared ash.

"Namjoon's been taking care of everything. Finding out news, helping with the funeral and such. Discovering the goddamn culprit, I'm sure. It's how he copes, I guess. Getting things done. He does miss you though, even if he doesn't show it yet. He will."  

"Jin hasn't come out of his room since yesterday. I should be worried but I don't really feel anything at the moment. It was odd waking up without the smell of his cooking, he's always up before I am. I didn't realize that the two of you were close enough for him to be hurt this bad."

"Hoseok is...being Hoseok. I don't really know, I haven't talked to him much since....yeah. I think he mentioned something about going to the dance studio while I was having a breakdown and I haven't seen him since."

"Jungkook looks so beaten down. He's got bags under his eyes already, I wonder if he slept last night? I wonder if he's eaten. I hate seeing him this way, though I'm sure I don't look much better. But he's young and impressionable, he shouldn't have to deal with this."

"Jimin comforted me when I came home. He put aside what he was feeling in order to console me. Maybe that's he gets along, by helping others. He's a good person. He didn't deserve this. None of them did. "

"This tragedy has snapped something inside me. I'm different and I don't know what it is."

"Oh that's it."

"You've snapped my heart strings."