27. Lonely

He was happy when the shooting ended, when everyone started to hug each other, some people were crying as they had became friends. He left through the garden to the villa quickly to pack his stuff.

He wanted to be as far from them as possible.

He took his bag downstairs then sat in an armchair, he needed to wait for Sicheng.

"It's so unfair he has made it," said one of the eliminated girls looking his way.

"It's the biggest laugh of the show, I hope no one from the viewers will vote for him," muttered Daisy tapping her back. "Don't worry honey the real idol will win," she raised her head proudly.

'Please come quickly,' texted Renjun to Sicheng.

But he need to wait two more hours, to stand a lot of very unpleasant comments. He was over when Sicheng came in to pick him up.

"You didn't want me in the live shows right?" asked Renjun when they sat in the car.

"No," muttered Sicheng. "Sicheng didn't want Jae to find out, but now he will and he will hate Sicheng forever. Renjun we need to tell him before."

"No! You have promised!" Renjun burst out in tears.

Sicheng sighed, he started to bite his nails when Renjun was sobbing loud.

"Jae will kill Sicheng, for sure," he said.

"No he won't."

"He will, but let's have it your way, Sicheng have promised," muttered Sicheng starting the engine.

Renjun was crying the whole ride, but Sicheng never even offered him a tissue both staying totally quiet.

Renjun decided to stay with Lauren and Kun, he didn't want to be with Sicheng, he felt betrayed. The first day at school, where Lauren brought him with her car was equally miserable, Chenle wasn't speaking to him at all, so with his only friend gone Renjun was spending each break all alone trying his best to not to cry. Chenle was looking at him as if he had murdered his whole family, so Renjun decided to avoid him. He was happy when Lauren picked him up. Jungwoo was sitting on the backset smiling to him in a lovely way. Actually he wasn't that bad, how Renjun had found out during these lonely days. Despite the constant absence from reality Jungwoo could be very funny. He was like a kid, affectionally playing the simples games, but Renjun didn't mind. At lest he had someone to talk to, to spend time with. Kun was absent for days now, Lauren said he had been busy with work but Renjun had caught her crying for a few times.

Yet, he needed to stay there as Daddy Tae had called him on Monday asking if he can kidnap Jae to California for a little tip. Renjun agreed, he and Jae hasn't said bye in nice circumstances so he rather stayed on his own. He played ok through the phone, but he was struggling hard to not to cry his heart out to Taeyong and ask him to come back immediacy. He so wishing his Daddy Tae would be here, he could help him to find a way out of this sticky situation, for sure, but the week flew by fast, soon it was the last evening before the candidates needed to move to the show dorm. Renjun was packed and ready to go, but way not ready to face all the hate and bullying.

"No the horse moves like this!" shouted Renjun as he was trying to teach Jungwoo how to play chess, but the boy wasn't doing any progress.

"It's too hard for him," said Lauren coming into the room.

"No, I'm fine," Jungwoo smiled.

He leaned above the figures smelling them with great interest when Renjun hid his face in his hands.

"I'm telling you," Lauren sighed.

"Can't he be more... normal?" asked Renjun.

"No my dear," Lauren sat next to him on the couch when they watched how Jungwoo was sticking his tongue out to the queen.

The front door slammed and Lauren looked at Renjun.

They weren't expecting anyone so she jumped up running to the corridor.

"Wait here," whispered Renjun hurrying behind her, she had slammed the living room door so hard it stayed open so he sneaked to the crack lookng outside.

Kun was in the corridor with his camera hanging around his neck.

"... and you have been stalking people again!" Lauren raised her voice.

"Shh no, it's not what you think," Kun lowered his voice.

"Not what I think!" she shouted.

"No I found ok, I found what I had told you about," whispered Kun.

"No way!" Lauren covered her mouth.

"Listen there is..." Kun turned around looking towards the crack in the door so Renjun scooped back.

A silence filled the corridor and he risked to glance out again.

Thank you for being here and supporting this story, it means so much to me

Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Renjun and Sicheng arguing? What is Kun hiding?

Much <3