She shook her head. ''You don't understand, Harry. He is the police.''

I stared at her with a confused expression.

''My husband's a cop in Boston, that's why he can do all that stuff with the wanted sign and everything.'' she said blankly before starting to walk towards the boat again.

I gently grabbed her hand and turned her around to face me. ''I don't care, alright? I'm not gonna let him hurt you anymore.''

She started shaking her head again and I repeated myself, ''I won't let him hurt you.''

She sighed and looked down, ''It doesn't even matter. I can't put you through that, I can't put your family through that..What about Lilly? I can't..I just..can't. He's always gonna be there, he doesn't quit.''

She then pulled her hands out of mine and began walking again.

''Selena, I'm in love with you.'' I said, causing her to stop and slowly turn around.

''I'm in love with you, and if you stay I promise there's no safer place in the world than right here with me.'' I said, grabbing ahold of her hands again.

She looked up at me with teary eyes and I pulled her into a hug. ''I'm so scared.'' she whispered.

''I know you are, but you don't have to be..I love you, please stay.''

She then pulled away from the hug and crashed her lips onto mine. We stood there for a while, just enjoying the moment until we heard the boat honk signifying it was leaving.

I held onto her tighter and watched as it left, glad Selena was here with me and not on it.

________________________________________

SELENA'S POV

After the boat had left, Harry and I made our way back to my house where he asked me to tell him the whole story about Dylan.

''Remember at the dance when I said there was really only one guy I was with in high school?'' I asked.

He nodded so I continued, ''That was Dylan. We stayed together all throughout college too and I got my masters degree in fashion design. After that I opened up a little store where I sold some of the things I designed while Dylan became a cop. We got married about a year later and then sometime after about ten months he started drinking and well that lead to...ya know..''

Harry pulled me into a hug once I finished and I smiled sadly.

''It's all over now, you don't have to worry about him ever again.'' he said calmly.

I nodded. I was always going to worry about Dylan finding me, but at least with Harry I did feel safer.

''So, is there any other secrets I should know about?'' he joked.

I felt myself tense up. Should I tell Harry about the baby? What if he changes his mind about everything he said today because of it..

Harry must have noticed my discomfort because he sat up and stared at me. ''You can tell me anything, Selena.'' 

''It sounds so weird to hear you call me that..I almost started to forget that was my real name, well besides whenever Demi would accidentally call me it.'' I said, fiddling with my thumbs.

He shot me a smile and then looked at me, ''You're rambling and fiddling with your thumbs because you're nervous. Whatever it is, I'm still gonna be here for you no matter what. But before you say anything, I have a question. How did Demi know about you?''

I looked down, ''I was upset one day and it just came out..''

''Upset about what?'' he asked concernedly.

I sighed, it was now or never. ''I..well..I found out..that I was...pregnant..but I swear I didn't..I didn't...it was all Dylan..I didn't want..'' I closed my eyes, not able to talk about it anymore so I just waited for his reaction.

It was quiet for a while but then I felt his hand on my shoulder and opened my eyes to see him staring at me. ''So, this whole time you've been...''

I nodded, preparing for the worst. ''Yeah..''

He stared at me for a few more seconds and then began smiling. Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

''You're so strong, you know that? You've been going through this all on your own and look at you, you're still amazing and going strong.''

''Well, I had Demi to help.'' I admitted. ''But..you're not mad about the baby?''

He looked at me with surprise. ''Mad? No. I'm a little disappointed it's biological father is an ass, but I'm not mad at all.''

I stared at him. ''I understand if you don't wanna be together anymore..I wouldn't blame you.''

'''Selena, I said I wasn't mad.''

''I know, but it's not fair for me to put that burden on you.''

''Just like how I put the burden of Lilly on you?'' he asked.

''Lilly's not a burden at all. I love her like she's my own kid.'' I said with a smile.

''And I'll love your kid as if it was my own.'' He said with a cheeky grin.

''You know, you're kind of amazing.'' I said, still smiling.

''You know, you kind of are too.'' he responded before pressing his lips to mine.

_______________________________________

Hope this chapter was okay. Please vote, follow, and comment any ideas/opinions you have!