Chapter 186: Keir Being An Elusive Idiot

Yes, I was shoeless on one foot. Did I let that disturb me while zipping back home to my dungeon to go check on Magaris and them, having an absolutely terrible feeling?

     Yes, I did, while summoning it back to me and wiggling my toes while fitting it on.

     "Magaris!" I called out, walking through the halls. It was daytime for them, so I was surprised to find no one awake and running around, no lights on. "Fern, Faeydark!"

     "They're not here."

     Oh, him. I forgot he resided there too.

     "Well where are they?" I turned around on Keir, looking up at the one that randomly appeared in the middle of the hall as I walked onward. It was one of the larger, endless ones. Not the smaller ones we typically roamed around in.

     The God of Darkness shrugged, instantly taking my mood for a pitfall.

     "Relax, Princess, I didn't do anything to them. You just happened to have some folks knocking on your door that had me a bit worried, so I moved them to my heaven."

     "Who?" My eyes narrowed, pulling up a map of the place and trying to see the auras dispersed through it. "Gods?"

     Keir shook his head, silent. Looking off to a window that revealed only quiet, overgrown greenery beyond. I still had yet to explore and roam out there despite having lived there for a few months. "Something like that."

     "Keir, spit it up. What's happened since I've been away? Why are you being all...suspicious?"

     And then a smile cracked on his face in the morning light fighting to enter the building despite being straight overhead, unable to hit inside until slanted later in the day. "Am I not always suspicious to you?"

     "Yes, but you're never this quiet."

     "Well, like you, I only just woke up. Still reorienting myself."

     "Like..." What the...creep. "Are you keeping tabs on me every waking moment or something?"

     I didn't feel any magic like that, nor did I have any feelings recently of anyone watching me. I thought I'd have noticed.

     But it was Keir, the exception to the rule of the gods. The one whose magic even Tiyana was wary of, because it was something not even the magic system of Tasega could bind.

     That strange figure, with his hands in his pockets, stiff in place like something was hurting him, looked over at me. His gray eyes were so bright in tint they were almost white.

     "...something's different about you."

     "Really?" he laughed to himself, taking in a deep breath and pushing it out tiredly. I'd never seen him so quiet before, if he wasn't reading something on the I-Line. At least, I thought that was what he'd been reading all that time. "What about me is so different?"

     He wore the same tight black clothes, casual. Same chiseled looks, same confident stance. Same way of existing in a space and being present, but at the same time, feeling like he wasn't really there no matter how much he interacted with you.

     But then he did something I'd never seen of him before, something that had me on edge again.

     He ducked his head and stared at the ground, shoulders falling just a bit. Taking a moment to himself to appear not so put-together and independent.

     "Princess, what do you think about the relationship between you and me?"

     "Relationship..."