Chapter 158: Amusing, Unsettling Lunch

[[List of Sentencing] Has Been Opened]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[List of Sentencing]

• Two years of house arrest with legal exemptions (0/2 years served) - End date: Yuzuie 15th, 984 ŒU
• Status deduction of one thousand points per statistic exempting health (8/8 stats deducted from)
• Status deduction of ten Skills (10/10 Skills deducted)
• Status deduction of one title (1/1 title deducted)
• Status deduction of twenty levels (20/20 levels deducted)
• Status deduction of one attribute (1/1 attribute deducted)
• Five sessions of memory tapping (0/5 sessions done) - Due date: Zerlo 30th, 982 ŒU, 13:59:59
• One session of third party emotional channeling (0/1 sessions done) - Due date: Zerlo 30th, 982 ŒU, 13:59:59
• Three redemptive tasks (0/3 tasks done) - Due date: Zerlo 30th, 982 ŒU, 13:59:59

[Select to Open]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "And that's you holding back?"

     "What?" I asked, turning on the familiar standing behind me. Kiki was frowning at the list I'd opened to show her the results of the proceeding. "He should've gotten the original sentencing, good behavior or not. Far worse, even, because I was going light to begin with. Summoning a Demon is serious business you can't just shrug off. It's the equivalent of a war crime."

     Stars, it probably was a war crime, Geneva Convention or no.

     "But he didn't sacrifice anyone. He used Basusda, and that didn't even work."

     "He still used black magic."

     "He didn't use any of it. Aloire gets all of your summoning requests, and she didn't respond, so no one was summoned, so no black magic was used, Master."

     "He still had the Black Mark."

     "Magaris did too, according to you."

     "Against her will. His was intentional."

     "Okay, yes," Kiki let go of the back of my chair and the table, folding her arms. "That's true. But he didn't hurt anyone. He didn't-"

     "Magaris, and Hera."

     "Hera's Demonic heritage reacted to the presence of verpultra, just a sniff of it. You can't fault him for just smelling like the stuff. And you didn't even know that the twins were half-Demon until literally yesterday, so you could've made the same mistake with all of the other botanical elements you would carry around the manor."

     "Then I should go give him a retrial and this time treat it like the misfire of a gun. He was carrying it, he knew it was loaded, he knew it could hurt someone, but still held onto it anyway. Then, it fired and hurt someone. Thinking of it like that, I could also try him for negligence, couldn't I? And maltreatment of a child? As well as failure to protect-"

     "Master."

     "What?"

     Kiki lifted her head up to the ceiling, seeing that she just wasn't getting through to me. Her hair, in a braid, brushed the bottom of her back.

     "He's your father."

     "And in cases like these, I especially cannot go light on people just because they are kin or make my acquaintance sometimes."