Chapter 135: Witch's Worries

"Hmph." She merely walked into the room towards a table off to her left, ignoring me. She was twenty-something and still held a grudge against me, despite having never held a proper conversation with me before.

     "Hahh..." I sighed out myself, fixing my position. It wasn't very comfortable to hold myself up from the stone floor with just my forearm. I sat up, twisting my body around so my legs were out in front of me. They felt kind of good. Sure, they'd scarred over as I'd expected, but flexing them wasn't painful at all. The same with my right arm; it felt like I'd not almost gotten that one ripped off as well since that old death god wanted that much revenge. It also didn't feel like he'd used it to fling me around, slamming me down on bedrock at the bottom of the sea. "Even after all this time, I'm still invisible to you..."

     Well, not that I cared. It was one less person I had to deal with on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. I actually kind of admired her for her resolution. If only I had that kind of staunchness, then I wouldn't have allowed most of the people that had hurt me, to have hurt me at all. That was a reference that stretched back from before I was Firea, and...after I became her, too.

     Lucia was not in her dungeon...excuse me, heaven. Her broom was in a corner, in some sort of thing that was holding it upside down. Her hat was also on the wall next to it.

     ...

     It didn't really feel like I'd been lied to my entire life. Just most of it.

     But I mean, I kept a lot of secrets as well. My grandmother holding a lot of them didn't really seem like that much of a stretch. It also likely wasn't a secret and I'd just never known that I could've asked that question.

     "Are you a witch?"

     ...janai. Never mind. I couldn't ask that. I mean, the evidence was right in front of me. Again, I really wasn't surprised.

     So I moved on to finding out for myself, more about my situation. The display on my Status told me that it really had been a while since my last fight went down. The date was already over a week later, Octav 22, 982. It was impossibly beautiful for that day to appear at the top of the screen, showing the time to be somewhere around night in Severo. Being able to sleep for a long time and knowing it was such a relief. My body really needed that.

     But it was time to go. I needed to see what was happening in the world, and I needed to put myself back into it silently to see how I could start my activities again. I didn't doubt that the gods were about to become a lot more active in response to my treachery.

     "Paivla will take you if you leave."

     I kept rearranging the clothes I wore, oblivious. I didn't know she was talking to me. I was fairly sure she'd never said a word to me directly before. So yes, I kept on looking at what I was wearing, pulling at the weird slime - my first fantasy slime ever! - on my shoulder, wondering if it was keeping me from bleeding out or something.

     Something slammed down on a table. Still, I kept on pulling at the thing. She probably dropped a book or something.

     Anyway, I was already thinking about going to Severo incognito. I wasn't sure if the locals would receive me very well after...well...I drowned their land, destroyed the land, and made their land into an island-

     "Did you not hear me?"

     -so maybe I would have to avoid them for a while. Dang, this thing is stretchy-

     It was stuck all over my fingers as I pulled at it. It was a really cool color - get it, because it was cool blue and it was a nice color? Haha, I laugh at my own jokes... - and very malleable. I quite wanted to hold the thing in my hands and squeeze it, but it wasn't coming off.