Chapter 116: Harem Route, Unofficial Capture #1

When I woke up next, there was an unexpected scene around me.

     Instead of my bedroom, where I kind of hoped I was, jail cell, the Fae palace, Adoray's office, or even a coffin, I was in a room with no walls. Sounds a bit weird, but it's the truth.

     There was no glass, no walls except for the one above my head, and only a floor. The floor was a circle with the bed I was on placed on the edge of it, the headboard reaching to be ten feet above my head with sheer gray drapery gracefully drooping in front of it. The pillows were abundant, so even while laying down on them I was elevated enough to see everything in front of me.

I felt like Sleeping Beauty.

     I was in a space where the floor the bed was on was floating on nothing, and there were similar circles placed around like someone had thrown them all over and froze their time. The space was gray colored, the platforms themselves were black. The platforms had nothing on top of them, maybe a couch here or a table with a tea set there.

     Only after staring for a while, feeling numb inside, did I sigh and raise myself from the pillows.

     "There's only one person that I know-" other than Adoray "-who has such a bad taste in interior decorating."

     "I wouldn't call it bad," Keir appeared at the foot of the bed like he'd jumped out of a shadow. "Simply plain."

     I looked over at him, displeased, and commented, "No, it really is lacking. I'd refer you to some people, but I don't want you to kill them."

     "Please," a knowing smile came to his face. "I'm not interested in anyone but you."

     I froze before saying my next words, looking from the nearest platform with a coffee strainer back to his face. "You shouldn't say that, it's very misleading."

     "Oh, it's not misleading at all," his smile grew and he snatched my hand before I could react, pulling me towards him. I flew out of my place under warm covers weightlessly, landing in his hands like that one scene from The Lion King.

     He looked me over as I struggled weakly to get away from him, but found that I couldn't use magic. Thankfully I was wearing clothing, even though I realized it was one of his shirts that was so big it was a blanket on me, so I didn't cringe so much when he brought me close and held me like I was a baby.

     "Yep, the nonvolatile form is the best."

     "What did you do to me?" I glared up at him as he squished my hands against his chest so I couldn't move. Even if I tried to summon my fangs to have a go at his neck, they didn't appear. I didn't even care right then if I would incur that horrid blight upon myself again, the one which would heal my soul that Paivla mentioned. It was horrible because it would heal, then destroy it like drugs. That's what was happening to it right now, since I absorbed Keir's mana the first time we fought. So foolish...but I had no other options at the
moment. A quick power boost was all I needed to break out, teleport somewhere and wait till the surroundings toned down.

     "Nothing," he was still haughtily glowing with that victory smile of his, and he shifted nonchalantly as if he predicted I would try to bite him with or without my fangs. My teeth audibly closed on air, and he laughed when my eyes teared up. This, being held...it didn't feel good at all. It didn't feel like when Mother held me, it didn't feel like when Father held me, it didn't feel like when Flo or Adoray or Lucia held me.

     And it most certainly didn't feel like when Kitri held me...

     Kitri. I wondered what he's doing right then. Cleaning up after my torrent? Was he with Tuila? What about Lorice?