Chapter 166: Miss Firea's House Inspection

The three days of being "normal" came and went. It wasn't too different from when Keir had me wandering around like a blank-headed zombie for a few weeks, so I didn't freak out too badly as Magaris was overprotective of everything I did since she quickly realized early on that if I forgot I couldn't use teleportation as I pleased, for just a moment, I would probably die.

     "I'll put some invisible nets there later. Just in case."

     "Please...call Kiki to do it now."

     "What? But I'm telling you I won't jump off the balcony anymore."

     "And what if you forget again?"

     "It was one time, Magaris-"

     "Three. This is the third time."

     Okay, so maybe her overprotectiveness saved me a few times, but it was still whatever. I was able to get my magic back just in time to have our guests over at the start of the weekend, as I ran about putting invisible nets just below the balconies, putting barriers all over the place, setting up defensive and offensive and stealth and healing and every other kind of territorial spell I could imagine-

     And I debated over what to do about furniture. Chewing on it for so long left me hungry, so I gladly obliged when Magaris summoned us all for lunch. It was something laboredly concocted as she'd rushed about cleaning every nook and cranny and crevice, making her kitchen spotless and trying to do weeding in the "garden" which was thousands of pouriks long and endless as far as we could tell. Just flying over it at a normal speed took days, and going super fast and looking down from above only revealed that it was a giant, unending building like something you'd see in a sci-fi movie about the last haven of Earthlings at the end of the era of humans after they'd destroyed the planet-

     At least, that was what it reminded me of. We had walked through, for weeks, when exploring, only one tiny section of the whole thing which seemed to be truly endless. It wasn't just an exaggeration to say that it was endless, standing high in the atmosphere and still being able to see the white blocks of architecture going far into the horizon. The only reason we were able to see the garden was because we seemed to be on one end of the whole thing, which was also pretty wide, besides its length being off the charts - literally. We could walk out on the ground level and find vegetables and fruits the size of two-story houses just sitting outside, their vines curling and looping and all connected together after growing together for probably thousands of years, having been left alone after the Goddess of Order died, what...how many years did Keir say again?

     I couldn't remember. It was just "a long time ago," so I left it at that. Most of the appliances that we found that seemed to be custom-made had more plaques hidden as features we could pull up when scrolling through the holograms, each telling of a maker, a place where the material was taken from, and the year it was installed. Some of the years were eleven thousand years ago, or twelve, or twenty, or forty. It didn't really matter much, since each one was so shiny as if it had been just installed. Magaris was happy using them, which was also the most important factor.

     "Master, the promised time is coming."

     "I'm aware, Kiki. I'll go pick them up right now."

     "Yes, you have to go find Sarah and Martin for your house inspection, to prove you're fit to move out, but you also have to go see the dork."

     We didn't call him "the king" anymore. No.

     "The dork can wait a bit, right? It's almost been a year. What's a few hours more? And why did it have to be today again?"

     "Because, Master, I promised that it would be today."