Chapter 119: Smithery, Metallurgy, Fang's Letter

It was uneventful, the day we took off. Shockingly so.

     We headed in the direction Katerine had started off in, finding a large teleportation circle in the middle of the ground someplace like the arena Kitri had taken me to when he gave me back my magic, one with battling dragons made from the laid out cobblestones. The cobblestones were dull beige and blueberry blue, faded as they were shaping the ring on the ground.

     Katerine activated it the moment she set foot, excluding me from the jump.

     I glared when, in a flash of light that reached the heavens, her body disappeared. Looks like you have to touch the circle physically, not just stand in the airspace, if you want to teleport.

     Grinding my teeth with an agitated, frustrated grin, I pulled up my [Radar] and saw that Katerine was already at our destination.

     "Well then," I clicked my tongue, looking around at the sky and taking another very deep breath, "if that's how you want to play it."

     I teleported directly behind Katerine in an instant. So worth the hundred MPs that I just wasted.

     I tapped her on the shoulder, a loose, pleasant smile on my face as she turned around in shock.

     Her eyes flashed in alarm, but she quickly regained her composure just so that I wouldn't have the luxury of having shocked her.

     I would never understand why this girl hates me, didn't want to really. Haters gonna hate, and there ain't nothing you can do about it except wait for them to stop hating.

     "..." She started walking. I floated right behind her, whistling to myself an old song from Earth that she obviously didn't recognize, "Tom's Diner."

     It was in English of course. I was whispering it to myself casually as I went through the bustling city with her, leaving the teleportation circle with its stone walls and guards. There were all kinds of shops around, all sorts of people going by. Dwarves, elves, Fae of all kind. It was endless, in the ages and the descriptions of every person that passed by me on the street. Not a single one found it odd that this fourteen year old looking girl was hovering along behind an older woman with similar features, looking like a bored good-for-nothing with the easiest position in life. After all, there were quite a few just like me, worse even.

     I didn't mean to give off that type of impression, it just happened. My clothes were the normal brown pants and white shirt, both tied in front, and my hair was in a loose ponytail that went all the way to the base of my spine. It was unruly, more wavy with a few random big curls than straight, like Lucia's and Katerine's. It had passed down from Fang, probably, because of his mane. Mother had untamable hair, which had proven disastrous when it came to cleaning up for parties.

     I looked just like Mother right now, with a whole lot of Father in my stature.

     Stars, I miss th-

     No. I miss no one. Missing them would only burden them, after all. Burden me.

     Katerine didn't say a word as we started going for a building with the least clanging coming out of it, a medium sized shop with a sign hanging out front with an empty spool on it.

     Uh...I thought we were going to a place known for "metallurgy" as Sherfire said earlier? Not yarn?

     The display windows were practically bare of advertising products, just showing the inside of the empty shop.

     I didn't say a word, however, as she marched up the steps and pushed through the door. I followed, catching the door as it almost hit me. Disregarding that, I went on with her into the single rectangular room with only two doors: the one we just came through, and the one in the back directly in front of us, behind a counter. Like the inside of a bank vault, there were caches lining the wooden walls from top to bottom, with little labels on them saying things like "orichalcum chain links," "mithril bindings," "adamantine twine," and many others.