Chapter 125: Reunion

Yet another month passed. I'd been asleep when Father's birthday happened and was going to go give him a present, until I realized he might not want anything from me. The current me, at least.

That's why I aged the package a little (AKA Kiki did it) and then tossed it through a little portal so that it landed under Father's bed. It was just out of the light, and after reaching through and pulling his slipper under, I made it so that he would be sure to search for it and find both at the same time later.

After that, it was time to find Sherfire. She'd been teaching me lately, the ways to be a Dragon. Since Takuya and Kaya were still being stubborn, telling me that I would have to wait a month or so more before they were feeling up to the task of pulling me out, I was stuck just doing what I could.

I still couldn't use magic, which was a bummer. I was just lucky I could use my storage, pulling things out and working on them from time to time. Once you got used to having claws, you could use a pencil just fine. I went about documenting things on some paper, forgetting to use my hands sometimes as I put the pencil in my mouth and just lay down, drawing lazily. My pictures came out as scribbles and I knew I was wasting the paper that I'd made, but it was a new thing for me to just tiredly lounge about at certain parts of the day, and the only way I felt productive was if my mouth or hands were moving.

Speaking of paper!

That ink that the Dwarves had, the one that could be used to write secret messages! I manufactured it after much trial and error (around the time I was learning how to breathe fire, it sparked when I didn't want it to and blew up my whole operation) I finally got it! I had the materials all along, the same ink that I'd used for Father's pens being the answer.

The first thing I did was write a letter to Milo, since I hadn't seen him in a while. I wrote it in Japanese hiragana, because when he died he was only seven or so years old and didn't get to learn many kanji. He wouldn't know anything really complex, so I wrote the whole thing simply and addressed him as Milo in Bytristian at the end. He was turning six this month, and I might as well send him a present as well. Yay!!! I wrote, You made it passed your death age! Okay, on second thought that didn't sound too nice, but whatever works. He died when he was about five and a half, I think? This is the longest he's been alive.

     Or did he die when he was seven? I'm confused.

Oh...The king's birthday was last month in Septi, with Magaris since they shared the day. And I think Lars, Välene, and Andrew's birthdays were somewhere in these last three months...eh, I'll send them something later.

I put the birthday present in an envelope, went for a Dragon nearby and asked what one had to do around here to send a letter.

Since no one does that stuff, apparently, you would have to go to a fairly populated place on your own and give it in to an establishment with connections to other places.

It was a good thing I was learning to fly...emphasis on learning.

I've never been thrown off a cliff so many times in my life, and that's saying something with the mother I have...excuse me, had.

"You want me to take you there?" Sherfire blinked, uncomprehending. "Why don't you fly yourself?"

"Well..." I shrugged, my small shoulders moving up and down with the arches of my wings. "It's not like I know where the place is, and I kind of have a bad feeling when it comes to dealing with others without magic. Also, I still can't fly, remember?" That being the main point.

"True," Sherfire nodded to herself. "But we're going to take a while to get there. We're going to train that flying thing a lot more, so that when you need to fly back you can at least not ride on my back for some of it." She took a few steps back from me as I held the envelope by the teeth, still finding it better than using my hands even though it was puncturing. Her Dragon form appeared without much fanfare, just suddenly in front of me as if it was pulled from storage. "Let me tell Lucia real quick, then we'll leave."