Chapter 10: Is It Called Revenge or Karma?

I was swayed from my sleep as we stopped in a high up Christmas looking tree. I don't know tree names here, so I just called it that.

The tree we were in was at least a hundred meters tall, looking over a large field that could have been acres of farmland. It was covered-literally covered-in two feet of bodies of monsters and beasts. The grass was crushed beneath them all, not a single green piece of anything sticking up anywhere. We were on the edge of it, looking at the bloody river that formed in the crevasses of their bodies, trickling down almost like a drain to the middle of the field.

I didn't want to focus my vision there. I didn't want to even open my eyes. But still, to get this over with as soon as possible and to learn, I did. Apathetically, I focused on one point in the middle, a large mass of dark green scales that was pointing its head to Hensia, far up ahead.

It's body was coiled tightly, forming rings around whatever it was squeezing. The tip of the tail was already five feet in diameter, while around the head was twelve feet. The middle, which was the thickest, was wider around than the well at the estate. Heck, it was more than just thicker, the snake looked like it could swallow Thérèse and me whole in one bite if it felt so obliged.

I turned my gaze down to the monsters at its feet. I saw that they were all frozen in place, like stuffed animals. Their entrails were leaking out, but their arms and legs didn't falter. They stood up, unconscious, and just about let the snake gut them.

Curious, I tried to search for the reason why. The human in the snake's grasp that it wasn't killing? Nope. Did Thérèse do something? Highly unlikely. Did the snake do something?

Candidate has 100 points!

From the side of it eyes, I saw a light. Someone wasn't shining a light onto it and making it glow, but rather the eyes themselves glowed that frightening yellow...and anything that made eye contact with it froze.

My tiny jaw dropped on my expressionless face. I never thought this knowledge would be useful, but, thank you boy with the last name of Potter for teaching me this stuff.

That snake isn't just an ordinary snake. It was a basilisk.

A fifty foot long snake that could freeze you with one look of its eye and swallow you whole.

I checked out its stats when I saw that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: First Terror of Basusda Monster Forest Age: 298 Race: Basilisk Monster

Partner(s): Snek Whitford

Snek Whitford Sub-Association: First Terror of Basusda Monster Forest's master

Title: First Terror of Basusda Monster Forest

Lvl: 103 (categorized B+)

HP: 300 MP: 50 STR: 1400 VIT: 663 DEX: 240 INT: 10 LUC: 4

Attribute: None

Skills: Eyes of Ice, Master Grip, Tighten, Life Absorb

Condition: Under mind control. To cure: death or dispel mind control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thérèse, please don't try to fight that. Your awesome skills aren't seeming to all powerful in this forest anymore and I don't think a little short sword or some cutesy knives are going to do anything to this monster.