36. Dodgy Selfies + Silly Dates

chapter dedicated to ; Denise <3

comment your name for a DT in the next chapter

.....

Third Person POV
The two boy's looked at eachother in confusion. "Wait, the frat house instagram page asked you? Why would you send it to a page run by different guys?!" Jonathan asked the girl. "Well I was thinking that at first but the thing is, we talked through the blue camera, not actual DMs. Don't you remember?" She said diverting her gaze towards Emilio. "I told him that I didn't trust these DMs considering there's so many guys who use it so we said we would both delete it after he saved it"

Emilio sat back and stared questioningly at the girl. He was so confused that he felt like his head would explode at any second. This was worse than any test he'd ever been given at school. Jonathan looked at him for some answers.

"I didn't even look at my DMs yesterday, and when I was on my phone it would've only been for 30 seconds each time. That means I couldn't of had a conversation with you"

Harper's eyebrows furrowed hearing this. "No, no. It was you," she gulped as she was scared she was going to expose him, "you were sending me selfies, it was definitely you"

Jonathan sighed and started to think that Emilio was, accidentally, the victim of his own attack. Maybe Emilio was the person who asked for the video, then he was rewatching it in his room, but unbeknownst to him, his phone was connected to the projector.

The thing is, Emilio wasn't the culprit. It was someone looking for revenge.

Emilio may not be the brightest of humans but he can figure shit out. By figure shit out, I mean he knows when someone else knows he up to no good or he's lying. He started noticing Jonathan looking at him strangely. "But-. I didn't! Oh my God. Jonathan I swear, it wasn't me who asked!" The boy panicked as things were starting to point in the wrong directions.

Jonathan sighed hearing Emilio's pleas. Fortunately he thought of something. "This might be hard to answer but do you remember what clothes he was wearing in the pictures?" Harper laughed, "No what the hell? Why would I remember that"

They all sat in an uncomfortable silence not knowing what to do. Jonathan was so frustrated at this point, Emilio felt like he'd just been framed for killing a guy and Harper just wanted the day before to delete itself from existence.

Emilio starting thinking to himself "Shit, if Jonathan doesn't believe that I didn't do it, it will ruin everything! It'll ruin our friendship, make me look like an even shittier guy and WORST of all, Ellie will still hate my guts. At least there was a chance to find the asshole who did it, but it still wouldn't fix the fact that I cheated. Even though I had the wrong message, it's still not an excuse. If I could control my temper and just listen to other people FOR ONCE, I'd still have her in my arms-"

Then suddenly Emilio's thoughts were interrupted. "Mm, Jonathan? I do remember something that was kinda odd about Emilio yesterday. Like when I was texting him"

Jonathan blinked at her and nodded, signaling to her that he was listening. "Well when you asked me to I remember Emilio's clothes, I don't really, but what I do remember is what I thought while he sent me pictures. I thought this thing was a little strange but I didn't question it, he changed outfits like four or five times while we texted"

Emilio furrowed his eyebrows and sighed, "oh wow great now she knows I can change outfits, what a great witness" he sarcastically thought to himself. Jonathan however, understood exactly what she was saying.