22. Don't Give Up

chapter dedicated to ; Natalie

comment your name for a DT in the next chapter

.....

Third Person POV
They waited hours and hours for news on Emilio's condition. Ivan was crying on and off. He eventually fell asleep on Ellie's lap while she combed her fingers through his messy hair. Ellie was zoned out for most of the time, her thoughts still telling her that it was her fault. Bryson had called Mitch and told him what happened. The guys weren't going to come up as it was late and the staff wouldn't allow them to enter. Some would probably visit the next day maybe.

The room around them was mostly empty. Mainly doctors just walking through. There was some people waiting but not for long. They were just there for people who needed small medical attention, nothing like Emilio's case.

Suddenly a bearded man walked through the doors. He looked sort of, mad. "Hey you kids," he said, aiming at the three, "when's your lil friend gunna be fixed up, I wanna have a couple words with 'im for messin' up my van" he said sternly. Two of them turned around. Bryson furrowed his eyebrows and stood up. He was not in the mood for this. "Hey dickface! It's because of you he's in here! He could be dead and it's your fucking fault!" He yelled walking towards the man.

"My fault? Your dumbass boyfriend ran a red light, I adda sue him! Assholes like him shouldn't be driving on the road!" He yelled back at Bryson. They were now suddenly face to face. A nurse went over to them and asked them to split apart, they didn't listen.

"And you couldn't have pressed the breaks?! Are you fucking blind? You can't see a fucking moving vehicle?" He asked sarcastically. This only angered the man more. For the second time today, Bryson got pushed to the floor. As he got back up the nurse came back with security guards. They took Bryson and the man away. Ellie was then left on her own with a sad sleepy brother laying on her thighs.

Ellie started to nod off until a doctor tapped her on the shoulder. She sat up straight while rubbing her eyes. "Are you here for Emilio Martinez?" He asked. Ellie suddenly got a burst of energy. "Yea! How is he? Is he okay? Did he get hurt ba-"

"Hey hey, I'll tell you now" he cut her off. "I'm afraid to say Emilio has suffered terrible injuries. He is comatose as of right now. He has a broken leg, two broken ribs, a broken arm. We have removed all the shards of glass from his face. They all shouldn't scar but there'll be a few. He will have many many bruises on his face as he heals" the doctor explained.

"So he'll be okay right?!" Ellie said excitedly. The doctor took a deep breath. "We can't say... Emilio's head was hit badly. He could have horrific brain damage, which might not make him wake up from the coma. We did some scans and tests but there's no signs of anything. He could wake back up but it's a 4% chance. I'm so sorry young lady"

Ellie started to cry, she couldn't hold it back even if she tried. A 4% chance that Emilio might live. She felt so helpless and guilty for what she had caused. She looked down at the sleeping boy. What will Ivan say? What if his twin doesn't live?

The doctor stood up and left. Ellie sat there confused. She decided to wake Ivan up and tell him the dreadful news. He sat up and stretched, taking in his surroundings. He looked at Ellie and asked, "any updates?"

Ellie shakenly sighed and nodded. "W-what's up?"

"Basically... he won't live!" she burst out, "he's in a coma! And-and it's all my fault. I stupidly made everything look suspicious. I went with you... alone, when I could've easily talked to you somewhere not as private. You told me this happened already and it made Emilio the person he is today. The scared, sad, hurt boy beneath his fake bad side. I thought I could be the girl who helped him. The girl who loved him back, and now this happens. I know we didn't do anything but Emilio didn't know that! I just want him to be okay!! To be happy and healthy!! That's all I want Ivan. And now he's dead!!" She sobbed to Ivan. This was too much for Ivan to take in so he quickly pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey hey, you said he's in a coma. I thought comas were basically people sleeping?" He said holding her tight. "It is. He's technically not dead but the doctor said there's only a 4% chance that he'll live. He's just saying that he'll die soon" she continued. Her throat was hurting from this crying she was doing. She started coughing too. Ivan rubbed her back. "You can't give up on him Ellie. It's Emilio, you love him. Right?"

Does she love him? Ellie sat there with her head on Ivan's shoulder and whispered, "Yea. I do, I do love him. I won't give up on him Ivan! I have hope!" She pulled back from Ivan smiling. He gently rubbed his thumbs under her eyes to remove her tears. "Lay down here. You need some rest" he told her. Ivan sat back while Ellie rested her head on his chest. They needed eachother's support more than anything.

- - - - -

Ellie awoke from her slumber. She wiped wet drool off her cheek. She cringed disgusted at her sleeping habit. Suddenly she remembered that she was on top of Ivan. There was a big wet circle right where her mouth was. Ellie looked around the waiting room, no sign of anyone.

Although there was someone at the staff counter. Ellie stood up and stretched. She walked over to the employee and asked when they could visit Emilio. "Visiting time is 12pm - 8pm" the grumpy nurse said and then went back to reading her magazine. Ellie checked her phone and saw that it was 10am at the moment. Her stomach rumbled and make her think of breakfast. She went over to Ivan and woke him up. He was hungry too so they went off to get food. When they came back, they would be able to go and visit Emilio

***
Kinda a short chapter? It should be fine as the last chapter was over 2000 words long 😧 I didn't even know it was that long until I checked the votes 😂

Vote goal : 85 votes

Sidenote, I won't be able to update as soon as vote goals are hit btw its just I can't edit atm and you guys are giving such good feedback that I feel like you deserve fast chapters, but it wont always be this fast 💓