34. Detective Work

Third Person POV
Emilio has just told Jonathan the start of his day, from when he woke up to leave the hospital up until the very start of the party. Although he didn't mention his jealous viewpoint of his brother and Ellie's imaginary relationship.

"Then basically me, Ivan and Ellie went up to my room to, you know, get into our swimsuits. Out of nowhere Ellie just strips off right in front of Ivan! She went onto say that she always did it, which proved my point about her cheating on me" Emilio exclaimed feeling worked up once again.

"Proved your point of her cheating? Explain this for me" Jonathan asked while typing notes.

"Well when I woke up from my coma, Ellie and Ivan were like, always flirting. Ugh what am I saying, they weren't flirting. I thought they were at the time. I thought that they had a secret relationship. I was later told the obvious that they just became really close over the last few months, Ivan needing someone by his side and Ellie was missing me"

"Is that why you slept with that girl?"

Emilio nodded feeling ashamed. In his head he was debating whether or not to tell Jonathan the full truth. Best it be now rather than later from someone else. "It wasn't just her, there were others too. I don't know what came over me. I was just so mad at them that I wanted to do anything I could to hurt them. I fucking regret it all, I love Ellie! I love her with my whole heart!" He said exclaimed. The words just spilled out of his mouth like a waterfall. His cheeks turned slightly pink waiting for Jonathan's response.

Jonathan chuckled. "I get it man, you love her. Now let me get this straight. You thought Ivan and Ellie were dating. You got mad at them, the three of you all getting mixed messages. Which led you on a fuck-spree throughout campus to get revenge?..." he paused making sure the story was correct. Emilio nodded waiting to hear what he wanted next.

"Alright so now let's get onto the video. Did you purposely record it?" He asked, getting ready to type. Emilio shook his head, "Nope. I just wanted to fuck that girl for my own knowledge. Like if Ellie could do it, why couldn't I? But I would never want it to be leaked for the entire student body to know how much of an asshole I am, especially as I'm trying to change"

Jonathan nodded and asked him more questions, like the girl's name, the other girl's names, stuff along those lines. After a while Jonathan sat back and thought for a moment. "Hmm. Is there anything else you would like to add that I should know? Maybe anyone you find suspicious that I could talk to?"

Emilio pondered for a while until a name popped to his mind. "When I came back to the party and met up with Ellie, Kelsey knew what I had been doing. She pulled me away from the party and eventually showed me the videos. I don't think she would be the type of girl to expose me like that, I mean she is that type, but considering Ellie is her best friend she would probably just show her in private, right? Although I could be wrong and maybe it was her. Either way, she had the videos and could have some information about where she got them" Jonathan's fingers typed quickly on his laptop. He soon told Emilio he'd get back to him when he got more information and with that they went their separate ways.

Emilio looked in rooms to find people to hang out with. A loud yell coming from down the hall gave him a target. Once he walked in everyone turned around and went quiet. They greeted him with small "hi"s and "hello"s, and continuing their business. Emilio laughed. "Yo why are you guys so quiet?"

Most of the seats were taken up front so Emilio sat himself next to Jax who looked a little lonely. After about 30 seconds of quiet, Ivan came back into the room. That's why everyone was so quiet, Ivan left to go to the bathroom. The quiet room became even more silent, you could cut the tension with a knife.

No one said anything just incase one of the twins did anything unpredictable. This resulted in a 5 minute silence. It happened a lot when two frat members were fighting, it was just more intense because it was the two twins. Kyle then managed to break the silence by scoring in his game followed by a groan from the other boy. It started up a conversation between most of the boys in front of the TV but Jax and Emilio kept quiet. Not awkward. Just quiet.

Emilio went on his phone after a while. He did the routine check of Snapchat, Instagram and then his Twitter. His DMs were bombarded with questions about the video so he didn't stay long on the apps. He downloaded some games but they only satisfied him for 30 minutes.

Bored out of his mind, he decided to go through his camera roll. Emilio was expecting to see photos from back in September, but to his surprise it was a bunch of pictures of Ellie and Ivan, along with a couple others but they had the most. Before tapping on them, he looked around the room for a pair of earphones. They didn't take long to find. He quickly plugged them in and tapped on the most recent video.

[ the video ]
The first few seconds was Ellie telling the camera to be quiet with her index finger over her lips. She turned the phone around to show Ivan asleep on the chair on the other side of Emilio's bed with his mouth hanging wide open. The camera zooms in a little to get his face in more detail. Out of nowhere a single piece of popcorn comes flying from behind the camera, only to land on his lap. Another one gets thrown then bounces off his shoulder, onto his lap.

This cycle continued until Ellie got lucky and got it into his mouth. Behind the camera she tried to hold in her laugh, she really tried. She suddenly wheezed loudly, waking Ivan from his sleep. She screeched and laughed, doubling over in her chair. Ivan was so confused. He then started chewing on the popcorn that was laying on his tongue.

"What the hell are you laughing at? You just woke me up you ass!" He whisper-yelled jokingly. The camera came back up to show him chewing with a frustrated look on his face.
[ video ends ]

Emilio sat there laughing quietly at the video. He was trying not to laugh loudly, the same as Ellie tried not to in the video. He succeeded though he had tears in his eyes from the restriction of laughter.

He scrolled through millions of selfies and more funny videos of his brother and Ellie. It put him in a good mood for the night, making him forget about the fight he had earlier.

Right behind him, Jax was peering over Emilio's shoulder also watching the videos. He felt slightly anxious. It would take a lot of work to make Ellie forget about those good memories.

***
Wow I actually decided to write, yay me 😂

Next chapter at 85 votes 50 comments 💓