88: 薄煎餅

Começar do início

"It was small, but we don't sleep apart, so we didn't need much space," Jungkook answered for the two of us. She looked pleased to hear that.

"Your father and I used to cuddle in bed too, then we got married...I guess we found it more entertaining to fight over the blanket. I just ended up getting sick of how hot it was, especially in the summer," She shivers and I couldn't help but smile at how we were remembering Jungkook's late father.

I don't think he'd like seeing me here again. I try not to think about what he did, how he violated my privacy and took me out of my home. All that effort just because I was a threat to his ultimate plan of subjecting Jungkook to a job he didn't want. 'Said something like I was making him rebellious and distracted. Maybe I was just encouraging him to be himself. Mr.Jeon succeeded anyway, but traded it with his life.

I don't expect Jungkook to reject the memory of his father because of me. It's good to have a family to love.

"So," His mother started again, and I try not to slouch my back. Why isn't anybody eating yet?

"Boy or girl? What are you guys anticipating?"

I stare at the surface of the table, expecting Jungkook to speak for the both of us again, but after a long enough while I realize how silent it is. I look up and Jungkook's giving me this look.

Oh god, don't encourage me.

I clear my throat, lifting up my fork to pick at the pancake, "We try not to have expectations. We don't talk about it either, because the more we do, the easier it is to start thinking about what we want. Having a child by accident is selfish enough...I want to learn to love the child we already have instead of comparing them to our ideals. I'm sure Jungkook feels the same."

Miss Jeon takes a deep breath, "Wow, okay. I did not think there...I'm proud of you young couple for thinking like that," She stabs her pancake with her fork and rips a tiny piece. I cheer when it finally enters her mouth. When the oldest in the room gets their first bite, then that means you can have yours.

"Your father and I did not think like that...we talked so so much about what we wanted you to be like," She admitted like it was a shameful thing. I side-eyed Jungkook to see his reaction.

"Well? Am I...close? Or was I disappointing?" He laughed lightly with his hand rubbing against his neck.

I can't deal with it anymore. I'm pregnant, I can eat. I offer my ears to the conversation and allowed my mouth to feast finally. I close my eyes and relax as I chewed.

"You weren't disappointing, god no. We were. We let you down, not the other way around. It was always like that," I heard her respond. I feel like we're stepping into an extremely vulnerable conversation that I'm not supposed to be a part of. I keep eating in silence.

"But what did you guys want? I still want to know."

She shakes her head while making a face, "No you don't. It was bad, I'm not proud of it."

"I do," he insisted.

It takes her a few moments to give in, "We wanted you to be respectful, but we really meant 'obedient'. Our greatest fear was for you to develop a passion for something else. We wanted a fitting son for the company, one that matched our image and..." She didn't let herself continue and just shook her head, "Everybody around us treated their children like that, we were raised like that too. So we thought that was okay. If it weren't for you meeting Aera, I don't think I would've snapped out of it like that. It wouldn't be Aera sitting here with us either."