41: 包裹

———Aera's

The alarm forces me awake and I'm met with the strongest invisible glue i've ever experienced. I'm fighting to stay on the bed but the alarm fights just as hard for my attention.

A few hours ago, I'd taken a taxi back home and sulked alone with a can of beer on my bed. I fell asleep right after on the thought of choking Jungkook to death.

I wake up nevertheless, and pick my phone up first thing after sitting up.

Nothing from Jungkook.

Screw him. If he wants to neglect my concern for his health and not realize the love behind it, that's his issue. If he's bent on his workaholic ways I'm not one to stop him, at least that's what he must be implying. Just because I'm not the Jeon Jungkook doesn't mean that I'm not busy either. I can't be wasting my time worrying about this. He probably isn't right now, so I've no reason to.

It's over half an hour now and my hand is in my phone as I turned the door knob, ready to leave to the orphanage. I open the door, and nearly trip over the obstacle before me.

I look down.

Package.

I cock my head to the side.

Package?

I turn on my phone and check the time. I live two blocks away from the orphanage. I have enough time to open this and still make it in time. So I do.

I pull the heavy package inside and close the door, settling my keys back on the desk and taking off my jacket.

Opening it, I see a note. I realize it's Jungkook, after reading the few simple words. His handwriting's changed.

A few things I felt you might've needed.
—Kook

I remove the piece of paper and my jaw can only drop lower from here. Item after item, I take everything out and put them onto my mattress. A whole set of silver cutlery, a shirt that looked somewhat similar to what i was wearing the night he came over—my ears flamed at the reason why this was sent to me. he'd been so rough with me the buttons were ripped off by force—my eyes scan to the thing underneath, slightly covered by another note.

Not exactly a necessity...but i saw this going around and just knew who to give it to

I blinked once, then twice, then three times.

I picked up the gift and held it in my hands, heart slowly shrivelling out of existence.

He got me a cross body bag. And for what reason?

It's beautiful really, and fits my style almost completely, as if i would've gotten the same exact thing.

Another thought dawns upon me when I examine the bag more. 'Goyard' was printed onto the flap, and i couldn't help but notice how familiar it was, and the more i looked, the design on the bag itself was not new to me either. I quickly got on my phone and searched up the word.

All that circulates my mind are the three phrases on the screen.

'Luxury Daily'

'Top luxury brands with the highest resale value'

'Kourtney Kardashian...'

Oh no.

Jungkook, no.

I add 'crossbody bag' next to Goyard in my search bar.