1: 第一印象

"Step away from him, you bitch!"

The girl yanked at my hair and a sharp pain strikes at my scalp.

"Think before walking around here. Know your place."

She slaps my face and I stumble backwards, nearly falling to the floor, but I keep myself steady. Unlike me, she wasn't alone.

"Eunji, let's not waste our time on this slut."

Slut?

You don't know shit.

I'm not one to assume anything of other people at first glance, but by my first interaction with them I've already figured them out. They're those type of people—people who think they run the world. They actually think the world belongs to anyone because of all the lies and privileges their parents unwisely gifted them. Poor them.

"I agree Eunji, class is starting soon," Another one noted.

She looked over her shoulder to her friends and spoke, "I'm sure she learned her lesson. Let's go."

"Yah, let's." The girl on the left swung her purse, aiming it to hit my head before turning to leave.

I sigh and reach for my bag with all the books spread on the floor. This has got to be too much of a cliché to be real.

So much for a new start.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around as my heart increased its pace.

I don't need another bitch slap, God pray for my life.

"Eunae." She swiftly introduces herself as she helps me pick up some of my books. She hands them back to me and I finally meet her eyes.

"Thanks...I'm Aera."

"Don't worry about her too much. She's the queenka of this school. That 'kingka' or whatever he's known as nowadays; he's JungKook. He couldn't care less about her stupid ass."

Funny how JungKook couldn't care less about her. Because in my old school, that kingka only ever cared about girls. 'Always wanted a handful of them by his side.

It was adorable of me to have thought that I was the only one. Truly adorable. What you at first perceive as love allows you to unconditionally ignore all red flags. Tragic.

"She just needs to learn to mind her own business." Eunae shoots out her hand.

"Let's be friends?"

I didn't want to say no, because I've yet to really know her, but then again if we're talking about 'real' friendship, this is way beyond early.

I hesitated before taking her hand and shaking it. Our hands part when a loud noise streaks against our ears.

"Oh...shit. Which class do you have right now?"

"O-oh I'm in for English."

"You're in luck, I'll lead you there."

/

The first half of classes were done and it was lunch time soon after. I was quiet and nearly invisible, nobody came near me and nobody backed away from me. It was a better experience than the one from earlier in the morning. It makes sense, given that I'm not the lead actress in the movie of anyone's life. Everyone should be their own. Those like Eunji, I believe her name is, are often the people that find themselves so dull and unlovable, that they must look for others to circle their plot around.

Eunae guided me to the cafeteria and we took a seat by the side. We were having a good talk when seven boys suddenly came up to us, with one looking more than just familiar.