Chapter #4 Seraphina

Start from the beginning

      Remi: Fine, see you tomorrow!

      Seraphina: Okay.

      That was the conversation we had, and now, I was on my bed, deciding whether the decision I made was the right one, or not. I had no way of knowing, and that drives me crazy, the only thing that kept me going, was my instinct. But then again, I now had hormones, so how would I know if I was sane or not?

      "Seraphina!" Elaine called, "are you ready to make dinner?"

      I stood up and walked over to the kitchen, "Yes," I told her curtly.

      She nodded, "what do you want to eat far dinner?"

      I shook my head, "I really can't decide, what do you want to eat?"

      She widened her eyes, "really? But today is your turn, I chose last time!"

      I shrugged, " I told you, I don't know, what do you want?"

      "Okay!" She said happily, she turned to me, "I took one of the recipe books from the cafeteria!"

      My arms unconsciously crossed themselves, "you what!?"

      She lifted the book higher, grinning, "the triple chocolate cake recipe!"

      "So let me get this straight," I growled, "you stole a book from the cafeteria, and now you want to cook their sacred recipe? You know that isn't aloud, they prohibited anyone from knowing the recipe!"

    "I know," she told me, twiddling her fingers, "but I'm only borrowing it! Besides, I already put the recipe down on paper! You want some too!"

      "No..." I began to say, but then I remembered what Remi had said. "Okay," I relieved a big sigh, "but return this as fast as you can tomorrow, Okay?

      She nodded excitedly, "let's begin!!!"

                                                                                        * * * * *

      We both stared proudly at the marble brown chocolate deliciousness in front of us.

      "High five!" Elaine smiled, holding up her hand.

      "Uhm, Okay?" I responded, confused, as I gently pressed my open hand onto hers.

      "Now!" She said with complete awe, "let's try it!"

      I nervously reached toward the cake, knife in hand, I delicately cut it in eight. Taking out two of the pieces, and serving it on our plates. "So this is dinner?" I asked, "if it is, we need to eat healthy for the rest of the week."

      She nodded, not looking at me, she had tasted it, and I could tell that she was in pure bliss.
"Seraphina!" She laughed, "how did we make this? Is literally taste the exact same!!"

      I rolled my eyes, Elaine loved to exaggerate, and their was no way that it was that good. So I put the mouthful into my mouth, and boy was I wrong! The sweet sugar coated icing melted in my mouth. The prominent juicy moist cake was soft as I bit into it, and the filling was like tasting water for the first time.
"Mmmmm," I said smiling, "you weren't exaggerating!"

      She nodded, "well, since I wrote the recipe down on paper," she paused. "Do you want to keep making it?"

     I nodded, "tomorrow is movie night, so we could finish the rest of the cake then." I grinned, "and on Monday, we could continue to bake to our hearts content!"