{12} Spring Cleaning

"Hey... Hey, Mira. Wake up."

        I groan loudly in protest as someone shakes my shoulder. I blink tiredly up at the perpetrator with a frown. "Wh... What?"

        Through blurry eyes, Nya comes into view, arms on her hips as she smirks down at me. She's fully dressed and looks ready to go out. "Come on! Up, up."

        I slowly sit up, rubbing a eye and letting out a yawn. "What time i-is it?"

        "It's sunrise," Nya answered.

        "Really? I feel s-so tired," I stretch. I get out of bed and rub my head.

        "How's your head? You went to bed early last night," Nya pointed out in concern.

        I start fixing the bed, "It's fine, b-better than yesterday."

        "Good," Nya nodded. "Sensei Wu wasn't sure, so he had me wake you."

        I stand and raise an eyebrow at her, "What does th-that m-?"

        The muffled sound of a gong repeatedly being bashed echoed from another room. Followed shortly after by Sensei's loud voice. "Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you!"

        "Oh... Th-Thanks Nya." I smile, grateful to be spared.

        She pats me on the shoulder, "You're welcome. Now go, Sensei wanted to talk with you too."

        I nodded, running a quick hand through my hair and leaving our shared room. I find the guys room not too far away. Sensei stops banging on the gong by the time I reach the wooden door. "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity," I hear Sensei Wu through the door.

        Opening it reveals the guys grumbling in protest as they get up from their bunk beds. Kai storms right past me to the blinds.

        "But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" He complains, giving the blinds' string a slight tug. He lets out a tired yawn, then the blinds decide they are tired too. They fall straight off of the window.

        Cole stands up from the bottom bunk. "Ugh, you call that rest?" He stretches out his back with a grimace. "I think my back has more lumps than the mattress."

        I rub my back subconsciously at the statement.

        Cole notices me in the doorway, "Oh, hi Mira." I wave back in response. Fully stepping into the room, the others nod or wave in response to my entrance.

         "You all l-look exhausted," I comment on their drooping eyes.

        Jay pulled out his toothbrush from the sink cabinet. "While you went to bed, Mira, we were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, we must have lost track of time." He reached to turn on the faucet.

        I raise a hand, "Um..." Too late, Jay opened the faucet and dumped sand on his toothpaste.

        "Since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our heads— ACK!" And he had stuck it in his mouth. Coughing and spitting out the sandy toothpaste.

        "S-Sorry, I s-should've warned you about.... about that," I gesture to the sink.

        "Would've been helpful to know," Jay spits again into the sink.

        "S-Sorry," I shuffle on my feet.

         Zane starts some stretching exercises in the center of the room. "What is our lesson today Sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion?" He strikes a pose. "Or perhaps the grace of a-"