Chapter Nineteen

Christian was quiet as we walked past the border between the dark side and the light side, and I couldn't help but wonder if I had possibly scared him. I was still getting used to my new life and how strong my emotions were now, it was hard to contain myself when James was threatening the life of the man I was in love with.

We walked in silence for a few steps until I stopped, crossed my arms and pouted, my inner drama queen peering out. Christian stopped and tilted his head at me.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong with you?" I scrunched my nose.

"What do you mean?" He asked and walked up to me, "Are you aware of how adorable you look when you get like this? You are this tiny woman who looks as if you are trying so hard to be fierce." 

"I am fierce!" I resisted the urge to stomp my foot.

"Obviously I know that, that scene back there only proved it even more."

"You're not scared of me?"

"Scared of you? Why would I be scared?"

I threw my hands in the air, "Because I am an overly emotional immortal woman who can't control my anger and damn near killed James! I would be scared if I saw that." I turned away from him.

"You're a newly immortal woman, you are still figuring things out and what you did back there was awesome, you were such a badass. It was actually really hot."

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, "Really?"

"Hell yeah, Sammy."

With an exasperated sigh, I turned back towards him, "How hot was I, exactly?"

"Ten out of ten."

I beamed, "Okay. You have successfully subsided the drama queen within me."

His booming laugh erupted from him and I cracked a smile before fully joining in on his contagious laughter.

"Well, I'm glad that I was able to keep her at bay." He winked, calming his laughter.

"Shut up." I stomped off, a smile on my face.

"Hey, wait up! I thought I pushed away the drama queen!" He laughed and jogged to my side.

Christian was quiet again as he drove me home, I had scooted close to him, my head resting on his shoulder as my hand was tucked in his. I stared out of the windshield, feeling tired from the day. I was glad that even though I was immortal now, I would still be able to carry on with one of my favorite things, sleep.

"You know, now that we can't use our injuries as excuses, we will have to start going back to college." He said.

"I was actually thinking that I should drop out."

He moved slightly, and I knew that he was looking at the top of my head, "Why?"

"I'm immortal."

"So? John and Jax are also immortal, they go to the same college we do."

"My life has always been so ordinary and predictable. I had a set plan for everything, you know? But now, it's all different. Recently, my life has been filled with constant ups and downs, I am immortal for heaven's sake. I just feel like I need to take this time to figure out who I am now instead of returning to college. I mean, I have the rest of eternity to go back to school." I sighed and shrugged.

"You're right." 

"I am?" I asked, sitting up and looking at him.

He nodded, "Yeah. You need to figure out what your life is now, how you want to spend your life, who you are. I get it, I understand it and I support your decision." His eyes went to me and he cracked a smile, "Your mom on the other hand."

I laid my head back against the headrest, "Yeah, she will be more difficult to convince."

"What about the whole immortality thing, how are you going to handle that when it comes to your mom?"

"I'm not sure." I bit my lip, "Maybe fake my own death and run away to Immoryion as you wanted? We can live there, raise children there and forever protect Immoryion. She is getting older, she is bound to notice that I am stuck at eighteen. This is something that has to be done, at least within the next few years." I turned towards him again, "What about you? What are you going to do about your mom when you become like me?"

"I'll tell her."

I coughed, nearly choking on my spit, "What?"

"She knows about Immoryion, she knows all about immortals. She would understand my decision."

"Even when she finds out that I am also immortal and will be living with you in Immoryion?"

"She will understand."

"Your mom? The woman who won't even allow me into your bedroom?"

He laughed, "Yes, Sammy. Given the circumstances, I think that she will understand."

"Okay." I shrugged and laid my head back again.

Christian walked me to my front door and my hands rested on the railing as I stared at him, not wanting to say goodbye.

"Hey," he smiled and stepped towards me, putting his hands on my hips, "I want to take you on a date tomorrow."

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

I pouted, "Can't you just tell me?"

"Sammy, you do know what a surprise is, right?" He chuckled.

I groaned, "Yeah, yeah."

I put my hands on his chest and pushed away, not really annoyed, but rather pretending to be in hopes he will crack and let me know. With my hand on my doorknob, I looked back at him as if to say he better tell me, or I was going to go inside.

"Goodnight, Sammy." Was all he said before flashing another heartwarming smile and sauntering off to his car.

With another groan, I threw open the door and stomped inside.