❄ 2 ❄️ Rhys Vulcan ❄️

Start from the beginning

She pulled out her textbooks for her morning lessons and replaced them with the textbooks for her afternoon, piling them on one of the shelves in the cupboard. Ivory closed the door when she was done and walked off to her first-hour block. She arrived in her first lesson, AP English, and took her seat at the center of the room. She pulled out her library book and began reading. A few minutes passed as she read and the room began filling up with students. She turned the page of her book and continue reading.

Her fellow classmates took their seats and began pulling out their notebooks, textbooks, and various writing utensils as Mr. Jekyll walked into the lecture room. He set his briefcase down on his desk just as the second warning bell rang and the door to the lecture room swung open before shutting again. As the starting bell sounded around the room, whispered conversations started up as the students began talking about the late student. And then she heard the most beautiful yet smooth voice of the person that had come into the room.

"Hello, Mr. Jekyll. My name is Rhys Vulcan and I will be attending your lessons for the remainder of the term," he introduced himself to Mr. Jekyll.

Wren heard Mr. Jekyll sniff indignantly, already miffed about someone coming into his lecture-room late, and shook her head at the poor soul who was going to get his first taste of Mr. Jekyll's wrath.

"Ah, Mr. Vulcan is it?" began Mr. Jekyll in a drawling tone. "You are late and are currently disrupting my lecture. Detention this Thursday, during lunch. Be in this lecture when the first bell rings. Do you understand?"

"Duly noted, sir," Rhys replied in an unruffled tone as if the threat of detention didn't faze him.

Wow, Wren thought to herself. The patio is right, this boy is badass. She could hear Mr. Jekyll practically grinding his teeth in frustration at the boy's reply. She stifled a smile and continued reading her book.

"Good." Mr. Jekyll snarled through clenched teeth. "Take the remaining seat beside Ivory. Please raise your hand, Miss Alba."

Wren raised her hand but continued reading, not interested in ogling the new boy. She heard him take his seat beside her. The final bell rang, signaling the start of class, she marked her page and closed her book. She leaned over and slid the book back into her schoolbag. As Wren straightened up in her seat, she glanced at him and found him facing sideways in his seat, his golden topaz eyes trained on her, glittering with a mixture of fascination and wonder. 

Her cheeks burned as she quickly looked away from him, embarrassment and self-consciousness flooding through her entire being. With her heartbeat thumping wildly inside her chest, she opened her textbook to the page assigned and followed along as Mr. Jekyll began the lesson. Wren could hear Rhys breathing deeply beside her and she swore that she could hear him moan low in his throat. The sound sent a tingling feeling racing through her body, warming her blood unexpectedly. Her face flushed heatedly for the second time and tried to concentrate on the lecture with Mr. Jekyll barking out the names of unsuspecting students.

"Miss Paterson!" he barked suddenly and a girl with a milky white complexion and curly, shoulder-length dark brown hair squeaked quietly and then turned to face him, her chocolate brown eyes wide with fright.

"Yes?" she murmured quietly.

"What year did Mr. Lockwood's story begin?" he barked at her, sweeping across the room to stand before her desk.