Epilogue Two: Saved

Selena looked up when a door at the other end of the cabin opened. A woman walked in with a little pouch in her hand. She closed the door behind her and smiled

"Hi," She said warmly, "Welcome,"

"Hi," Selena said, her eyes flickering to Shownu, who smiled and stood up as soon as the woman had entered, "Who are you?"

"Oh, sorry," The woman said, "I'm Thalia. If you agree to it, I'm going to give you a blood test and then vaccinate you,"

Selena narrowed her eyes, "And if I don't?"

"Then I'm afraid you aren't allowed inside," Thalia said, her smile dropping a little, "It's an important rule to keep people safe,"

"The vaccination works," Shownu said with a smile, "I was the guinea pig. The first one who ever had it,"

Selena was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable. Sure, the man was steaming hot, but just because he was good-looking didn't mean she was going to subject herself to possibly dangerous drugs being injected into her.

Shownu shrugged his jacket off and Selena looked at him with wide eyes as he dragged his shirt up his body. Her face turned bright pink as she saw his toned muscles and golden skin, but she couldn't tear her eyes from him.

"Wh- What are you doing?!"

"I'm-"

"Oh, really, Shownu?" Thalia sighed, placing the pouch down on one of the wooden tables, "Any chance to show your abs off to a pretty girl, huh?"

"N-No!" Shownu spluttered, his own cheeks flushing pink, "I was going to show her proof that the vaccination works!"

"Sure thing, sweetheart," Thalia chuckled, taking a seat at the table, "Your shirt can be pulled down from the collar, you know, you don't have to pull it up from the bottom,"

"Shut up, Thalia," Shownu grumbled, turning back to Selena, "Here," He said, pointing to his chest. In the dim light, Selena could see what looked like teeth marks in his skin, but it was bumpy and white, as if it were already fully healed, "Got caught last year when I wasn't being careful enough. Sarge gave me a bollocking after, but I didn't turn. I didn't even get sick,"

Selena took a step forward without realising. She looked up at his face, staring into his dark chocolate coloured eyes, before slowly lifting her hand to touch the scar. Thalia cleared her throat with amusement, and she quickly stepped back.

"S-Sorry," She muttered, going to sit in front of Thalia, "Alright, I'll let you do it. But I need to go and find my friends in the morning,"

Thalia shook her head, "You need to be in the isolation ward for twenty-four hours after the vaccination," She said, "So we can make sure you don't have any other illnesses," She looked down at Selena's ankle, "It looks like I need to see to that, as well. It's all swollen,"

"I need to find my friends," Selena said stubbornly, "I won't go into isolation until I find them,"

"What are their names, and where are they?" Shownu asked, coming to stand behind her as he fixed his shirt, "I will go and get them for you,"

Selena hesitated a little, pushing a stray strand of black hair away from her face, "Leo and Georgina," She said, "They're holed up in this tiny little cabin..." She hesitated, looking around the cabin, before pointing, "That way, I think,"

Shownu nodded and patted her shoulder, "I promise, I'll bring them here,"

He stood quietly in the cabin as Thalia did the tests and gave Selena the vaccination, before walking with them out of the cabin and down the fenced off path towards what Thalia had said was the Medical Centre. Once she was tucked up comfortably in a bed, he left the room to go and get some rest before he set off again in the morning.

***

"Shit, I don't know what to do," Leo hissed as she peered out through the tiny, grimy window of the cabin, "There's four out there, and Selena isn't back yet!"

"Just keep quiet," Georgina whispered back, "Maybe they'll move on?"

"She's such an idiot!" Leo resisted the urge to kick something, "Why would she do something so stupid?! Aren't we supposed to stick together?! She's been gone for hours! It's starting to get light out!"

"Maybe she got lost," Georgina replied. She was trying incredibly hard to stay positive, but Leo was just not having it. It was obvious she was panicking, and if Georgina wasn't trying so hard to keep calm, she would probably be acting the same way.

"We need to look for her," Leo said suddenly, standing up, "We can run past these fuckers and go find her!"

"What if she comes back?!" Georgina grabbed her friend's arm, tugging her back down, but it was too late. The dead ones had seen them, and began hammering at the old wooden door, "Look what you did! The door's not going to hold!"

As if realising what she had done, Leo rushed to the bed, pushing as hard as she could until it was across the door. She grabbed Georgina's hand, tugging her into the corner of the room and pulling her down to the floor. The pair crouched quietly, holding each other as the banging got louder and louder, and the sounds of wood splintering began to echo through the room.

All of a sudden, the banging stopped, and Leo let out a loud scream when a man's face appeared at the window.

"Woah, hey, calm down!" He said, holding his hands up, "We aren't going to hurt you! You're Georgina and Leo, right? Selena sent us to come save you,"

The two girls looked at each other, before they both grabbed their pathetic weapons; an old hockey stick and a baseball bat, and moved slowly to the door.

"Who are you?" Georgina called, gripping the stick tightly in her hands.

"Open the door and we can talk," Another voice sounded, "I promise we won't hurt you,"

After a moment of hesitation, Leo and Georgina moved the bed from the broken door and stepped outside.

Leo's breath was almost ripped from her chest as she came face to face with probably one of the most beautiful men she had ever seen.

"That's better," He smiled, making her heart flutter even more, "My name is Sergeant Park Jimin, nice to meet you,"

---

AN: Not going to lie, this seriously feels like another series coming on I have so many ideas JFC I WILL TRY TO KEEP IT SHORT OKAY OMG