53: Proud

Jimin was beyond irritated as he marched back down the stairs and into the kitchen. To think that one of their own family would say such bad things about Bee made him angry; especially since Bee didn't even know about it, and probably wouldn't find out unless he told her.

And that is something he didn't want to tell her. There was no way that she could ever be called a "shit mother" as Hyungwon had put it. Bee tried so hard for Breea and the other members of their family, even though she doubted her abilities a lot. Fair enough, Jimin had worded it wrongly previously when he said he was surprised that she was remembering to feed their daughter, but at least he didn't go that far.

Despite how strong she looked, Jimin knew that she was filled with self-doubt and confidence issues. She may be tough on the outside because of all the training and the situation they had all found themselves in, but he knew deep down that she could still hear her awful father's words.

He sat down heavily on the chair, running his fingers through his hair and looking down at his daughter.

"Are you okay, Jimin?" Jungkook asked, his eyes flicking to Jimin's face from Breea's. It was obvious that he wanted to hold Breea, so to get rid of some of his irritation, he carefully handed the baby to him, watching as his face lit up, and stood up.

"Hyungwon won't be joining us," He said quietly, heading to Daisy, who was at the counter, "I'll take Shownu and Bee their dinners,"

"Thank you, Jimin," Daisy said, pushing two bowls of soup towards him, "Why won't Hyungwon be eating with us?"

"He needs to cool off," Thalia said as she entered the room, "Jimin, I'm so sorry, I-"

Jimin held out his hand, "Right now, Thalia," He said, "I don't really want to hear it. I appreciate it, but please, not now,"

There was silence around the room. Thalia nodded sadly and sat down at the table as Jimin grabbed the two bowls and stalked out, heading first to Shownu, and then down to the lab.

He slowly pushed the door open, surprised when there was no sound. He spotted Bee at the other end of the lab, sat next to the cage.

"Baby?" He said softly, causing her to turn, "I have some food. Come and eat,"

Bee stood up and reached into the cage. Jimin could see her place Yoongi's hand on his own chest, before she headed towards him. She took off her gloves and coat and dropped them in a pile with the mask from her face.

After washing her hands thoroughly, she moved towards him. Jimin met her half-way, unable to control himself. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly to his body. She looked up at him, confused.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He smiled down at her, "I just missed you. I'm proud of you, you know that?" He smiled when his wife's face turned red, "I'm proud of everything you've done for all of us, and I'm proud of how you are doing with Breea,"

"Stop it," She muttered, and he felt his heart flutter as she looked away; even her ears were red, "What brought this on?"

He chuckled, "Nothing. Come and eat. How is he?"

Bee sat on the stool and picked up the spoon, turning to look at Yoongi, "He's doing well," She said, "He's sleeping, but his temperature has evened out very well. His body is just tired,"

"That's good," Jimin said, "We were all worried. Jungkook's wanted Breea or the chicken in his arms constantly, I think to keep himself occupied. Shownu seemed fine,"

Bee nodded, "They're both doing well. The formulas are working well, so far,"

They fell quiet as Bee spooned some of the warm soup into her mouth and Jimin continued to look at her. After a while of staring, Bee shifted uncomfortably and looked up at him.

"Please stop staring at me," She sighed, "I'm trying to eat,"

"Sorry," Jimin said, still watching her.

Bee smiled and rolled her eyes, "You're still doing it,"

"Can't help it," Jimin smiled and shifted his gaze, "I was just thinking about your father earlier," He admitted.

Bee froze, the spoon half-way to her mouth, "Why?"

Jimin shrugged, "Hyungwon said something that reminded me of him. I was wondering if he made it,"

Bee looked down, "I wonder," She said, "But more than that, I just wish that Josh would have been able to meet his niece,"

Jimin leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her forehead, "I'm sure he would have been very proud of you, too," He said, "And I know he would have loved her. She's amazing,"

"She is," Bee said quietly, "Despite how I am,"

"Bee," Jimin said, looking his wife directly in her grey eyes, "You are an amazing mother, especially considering the circumstances. Not only are you raising her, but you're saving mankind along the way. There is no one else who could do that. I couldn't do that, Yoongi couldn't do that. Thalia or Jin couldn't do that," He put his finger at the base of her neck and tapped a few times, "Only you,"

Bee took a deep breath, "Thanks, Jimin," She said, "But we will once Yoongi wakes up and in a week when I've tested Shownu. As for Breea," She trailed off, "I should spend more time with her,"

"We all understand, baby," Jimin said, getting up and kissing her quickly, "And if you spent any more time with her, Jungkook wouldn't get a chance, and that would make him sad. No one wants that," He smiled, "I'm going to go and eat. I'll come back down after,"

Bee nodded and watched Jimin leave the lab. She sighed, quickly finishing her soup before getting up and putting her personal protective equipment back on.

"Bee?" There was a croak from inside the cage, and the scientist rushed over towards Yoongi.

"You're awake," She smiled, "How do you feel?"

"Like I was injected with a highly concentrated infectio- oh wait, that did happen,"

Bee rolled her eyes, "Well at least you've got a sense of humour. Sit up please, Lieutenant Min, I need to run some tests,"