36: Understanding

"He's okay," Yoongi sighed as he came into the kitchen, "The bullet's out and he's woken up. He's in a bit of pain but he's okay,"

"That's good to hear," Jimin said, "I was worried,"

"That Goddamn piece of shi-"

"Don't," Bee warned, coming up behind Yoongi, "Don't, Yoongi,"

Yoongi turned to look at her, "You're defending him?" He frowned, "But look what he did!"

"You didn't understand him," Bee snapped, "None of you may have liked him, but I did. None of this was his fault, so don't,"

Yoongi glared at her for a moment, before leaving the room, muttering about how he was going to go down to visit Jungkook.

Bee looked up at her husband, "Where is he?"

"He's outside," Jimin replied, "Just while we cleaned up,"

"Where outside?" There was a pause as the men in the room all glanced at each other. Bee frowned, "Where, outside?" She repeated.

"The floor," Hyungwon said, glancing down, "We-"

Bee turned away, "I don't want to hear your excuses. And if you're going to treat him with such disrespect, you don't need to come to his burial, either. I'll do it all myself,"

"Bee," Shownu called out, "It's not that we're treating him with disrespect, it's just that he shot three of us and was about to kill your husband and baby. Are you really going to defend him after that?"

"You can shut up, Shownu," Bee turned back, yelling at him, "You didn't even know him! Clearly, none of you did! Even at the end, he was still listening to me, otherwise, he would have just killed them already! None of you understood him!"

"Bee-"

"You all called him crazy and a psychopath without even trying to understand what it meant!"

"He was a psychopath," Jimin said gently, "But-"

"Yes, he was," Bee said, her eyes narrow, "But he was a human being who has saved your ass countless times, Jimin. He's saved all of us and he helped bring your daughter into this world, even though he didn't like the fact that I was pregnant, to begin with. He researched the entire time I was pregnant on how to get me through pregnancy and labour safely and how to make sure our child was healthy. He went out of the gates with you to get supplies for me and antibiotics and a breathing apparatus for Daisy when she was sick. He did it for selfish reasons, but he still saved us! And how do you thank him? By shooting him in the head and dumping his body on the ground like some animal. You talk bad about him and pretend that you knew the kind of person he was,"

Bee shook her head angrily, "None of you understood. He was psychopathic, but he never hurt any of us,"

"He wanted us dead," Hyungwon said, "He said so himself,"

"Hyungwon, you pile of horse shit," Bee cried, "Taehyung was a trained Ghost! If he wanted you dead, you'd be dead before you even knew he was fucking there!"

Bee turned and stomped angrily out of the room and up the stairs. The kitchen was left in shocked silence until she came back down with a blanket in her arms and Taehyung's long knife in her arms.

Jimin sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "She's right," He said, "I agree with her completely, but..." He trailed off, shaking his head, "But I had to shoot him,"

"You saved us," Hyungwon said, his eyes low, "I think,"

"Jimin, you did the right thing at that moment," Jin said confidently, "Bee is right, but there was no other way to handle the situation. She's wrong about that-"

"She's not angry because I shot him," Jimin said, moving to the door, "She's angry at how we are treating him and talking about him now. I'm going to help her wrap him and then I'm going to find the best spot to bury him,"

***

"Is everyone else okay?" Jungkook asked as Thalia fussed over his blanket, making sure he was a good temperature.

"They're fine," Yoongi sighed, "Mostly. You're the worst. You lost a lot of blood,"

"I'm alright," Jungkook said, "If he wanted me dead, I think I'd be dead, now. I think he just wanted me out of the  way,"

Yoongi shook his head, "You can't tell what he wanted. He was insane,"

"Well, yes," Jungkook admitted, "But isn't he a Ghost, too? He shouldn't have missed. Besides, we all know that if he wants someone dead, he goes for his knife, not his gun. I don't know what was going on in his mind, really, but I don't think he actually cared about killing us. He went straight for Jimin and Breea. I was just in the way,"

Yoongi was silent for a moment before sighing, "I don't know, Jungkook. He was deranged,"

Jungkook shrugged and winced from the pain, "Was he? I think he knew what he was doing. Taehyung always knew what he was doing. What happened? Where is he?"

"He's dead," Yoongi said, "Jimin shot him. About time, too. The basta-"

"Hyung," Jungkook said gently, "Please don't be angry at him. I'm not angry, I just wish I could understand what was going through his mind. Bee is probably really upset from his death,"

"Here's what I think," Thalia said quietly, "I think this whole thing was to do with Jimin and Breea, and nothing to do with us. I think Taehyung needed to confront Jimin about a lot of different things, and everyone else was just in the way. Maybe, once he had gotten rid of Jimin and Breea, he would have killed everyone else, but by the way he went about things, I think maybe he just wanted to leave. I think he felt trapped. I think he just wanted to stop being controlled by Jimin and having everyone not understand him,"

Jungkook nodded, "I think so, too. I think he wanted to take Bee and leave so it was just the two of them again, like before when they were at the camp," Thalia looked a little confused, "Bee and Taehyung used to go and get dead ones together," He explained, "In the dark tunnel. They used to hunt them together,"

Thalia nodded in understanding, "I think he just wanted to be free," She said.

Yoongi snorted, "Well, he's free now," He said spitefully, "And good riddance. Now we don't have to live with a walking time bomb,"

"Son of a bitch,"

Yoongi turned round in shock when he heard a voice, but instead of seeing a person, all he got was a horrific pain with stars bursting around his eyes, and then nothing but darkness.