7: Non-Military

Namjoon was perfectly silent as he carefully picked his way through the trees. He had slept for a few hours, and was armed with two glocks, both with silencers on, and a set of knives; one on each hip and one in the side of each boot.

He had no torch, but he didn't need one. It was dark out, of course, but the moon was big and Namjoon's eyes were well accustomed to performing well in the dimmest of lights. He had undergone intensive and brutal training to become a Ghost, but he had always excelled at both accuracy with a gun, and stealth. He was in his element.

Jimin had told him to avoid a confrontation at all costs, and not to kill anyone unless he had no other choice. If he took the first shot, it could become an all-out war, and with a pregnant woman, an injured woman and a lack of people, that could be disastrous.

Namjoon could hear a soft murmur of voices as he moved on silent feet, and changed his tactic. He had found where they were hiding out, so he needed to scout the area first, to make sure there were no sentries posted that would spot him sneaking about. As he carefully circled the camp from a distance, he could see three people stood guard, all pointing in separate directions. One of them was the soldier, Shownu, that had been introduced at the gates before.

The other two were also armed with large guns, and looked more like thugs, or mercenaries than soldiers. As he studied them, he could tell by their movements and the confidence they held themselves with, that they were definitely not trained soldiers. They looked comfortable with the guns in their hand, so they must have had experience, but they weren't as watchful as Shownu. They looked arrogant, in fact.

Deciding that the best course of action would be to get closer in between the two non-military men, Namjoon crept forward. They wouldn't have seen him, even if they were trained soldiers, but there was a higher probability of being seen by Shownu, so he opted for these two.

He stopped as he got closer to where the camp was, not wanting to get too close. Minhyuk was sat next to a fire, with a woman sat beside him. She looked content enough, so Namjoon assumed he was not holding her against her will. There was only one other man with him, and Namjoon frowned. There were only six of them in total? There had to be more to them than that, if there were only six people in their group.

"There should be some reason that Shownu is so scared of these guys, Minhyuk," The other man said, "He's not shaken by much,"

"He said they're Ghosts or something," Minhyuk drawled, "They seemed pretty alive to me,"

"I don't think-"

"And if they're alive, they can be hurt," Minhyuk continued, "I want to see their blood on my hands, Chankhyung. Wouldn't it be fun? Seeing the light in those arrogant eyes die out? I wonder if there's any women in there. It'd be more fun to slowly remove each limb of them while the men watch on, helpless,"

Namjoon restisted the urge to gasp. The man was clearly a psychopath.

"Or what would be great fun," The man continued, "Make a hole in the fence and let a horde in. Then block the hole up and catch them trying to escape. Wouldn't that be fun? Their faces would be such a picture. Maybe we can leave one trapped inside, not able to escape, and see the expressions on the faces of those who escaped. I'd like to see that, wouldn't you?" He turned to the woman next to him, gently stroking his fingers down her cheek. She smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course you would," He almost purred at her, "Cause you're my special girl, aren't you, Jenna?"

Not wanting to hear any more out of this man's mouth, Namjoon decided it was time to leave. After getting clear of any lines of sight, he quickly made his way back to the house, pulling the radio from his pocket and switching it on.

"I'm back, Jungkook, let me in,"

Despite how serious the situation was, Namjoon couldn't help but smile and shake his head at how enthusiastic Jungkook was when he answered.

"I'll be right down, Namjoon!"

He saw him slide down the ladder and rush over to the gate so quickly that he fumbled with the keys and dropped them before he reached him. He had to run back and pick them up again, before trying to push the key into the padlock.

"Take it easy," Namjoon said, "No rush. You need to stay calm or you'll make simple mistakes that can be fatal. Like dropping the keys," He smiled, "Yeah?"

"Oh," Jungkook smiled sheepishly, "Yeah. Relax. Got it,"

"Good," Namjoon reached out and ruffled Jungkooks dark hair as he went through the gate, "Keep your radio on," He said as he headed to the house, "Good job, Jungkook,"

Jungkook beamed at him, "Yes sir!" He cried, before turning and walking calmly back to the tower.

Namjoon chuckled a little, "He's a good kid," He mused quietly as he went through the inner gates and up towards the manor house.

---

AN: Okay so, I have chosen TWO winners to be in "The Chosen" (heh heh heh chosen for chosen... Sorry)

And one winner to be a surprise character in here... sweaterpaws-jimin Congrats, you made it into this book heh