43: Vote

"Hey," Thalia smiled when her husband began to stir, hissing in pain as he tried to open his eyes.

"Thalia," He croaked. She reached out, taking his hand in hers and smoothed the hair away from his face.

"I'm here. How are you feeling?"

"Like I've had the shit beaten out of me," Hyungwon grumbled, "Which I guess is what happened,"

Thalia sighed, "Hyungwon why did you start a fight with him? Why were you and him so aggressive to each other over the past few days?"

"I don't know," He sighed, slowly turning his head so he was facing her, "I've been irritated and I snapped. I said something I shouldn't have. He's been irritated, too. It's no wonder he beat me,"

"You deserved a punch or two," Thalia agreed, "But this is too much. You can barely open your eyes. Bee had to re-set your nose! Hitting you once or twice would have been forgivable, but he beat you half to death,"

Hyungwon sighed, "Babe-"

"He's a fully trained soldier. A lieutenant, in fact. Regardless of what was said, he should have kept control rather than beating an unarmed man as badly as he did,"

"True," Bee's voice said sharply from over her shoulder as she came in to examine Hyungwon, "But that's not my husband's fault, is it?"

Thalia frowned, looking up at her as she applied fresh ice to Hyungwon's face, "What?"

"It's not Jimin's fault that Hyungwon has a big mouth and started a fight with a trained soldier who knows how to use his fists, is it? It's not Jimin's fault that Yoongi took it too far and beat the shit out of him when one punch would have been fine, is it?"

"Bee-"

"Just like it's not Jimin's fault when I messed up or when you mess up. He is running the camp to the best of his abilities, and you insult him by saying such things. I'd like to remind you that he also let you stay rather than throwing you back out to Minhyuk, even though he knew it was dangerous,"

Bee stood up straight and Thalia sighed, "I didn't-"

"You didn't mean it? Doesn't matter. My incredibly hurt husband has called a meeting to vote for who should be in charge. How does that make you feel, Thalia? You put doubt into our leader's mind with careless words because you were angry. You and your husband are similar, you know that?"

Before Thalia could reply, Bee stalked out of the room, "Meeting is in the kitchen," 

Hyungwon looked up at his wife, "What happened while I was out?" He muttered, pushing himself upright, "You made an enemy of Bee?"

Thalia sighed, "I was angry," She said, "Because of how Yoongi hurt you, and I said some things,"

Hyungwon let out a soft laugh, "Guess we are similar. We should go to the meeting,"

"How are you feeling, though?" Thalia said, helping him up, "You're not in pain?"

"Oh, I'm in pain," Hyungwon grunted, "But we should go to the meeting anyway,"

Every person who lived in the house was sat around the large table when Thalia helped Hyungwon in. Yoongi was a little red in the face and was wiping sweat from his forehead, and Jimin was looking stressed as he handed his baby to his wife.

Once everyone was sat down, he cleared his throat and looked around at all the members of the group.

"First of all, we need to discuss what happened," He started, "Although my views are pretty clear," He turned to Hyungwon, "You do not bring the death of a loved one into an argument just because you are angry, do you understand? That was extremely wrong of you," He turned to Yoongi, "And you do not beat a man unconscious just because he said something horrible," He took a breath, "None of you are children, you need to get control of yourselves before you tear us apart. We can't be fighting amongst each other when there is such danger beyond our walls. This isn't the same as the world we knew before, but the principles are the same. You look out for your family, you don't fight with them so aggressively that someone is put in the med bay because something that bad was said,"

There was a murmur around the table, but before anyone could open their mouths to speak, Jimin continued.

"It has been brought to my attention that I'm not doing a good enough job as the leader of this group," He paused, "Even though I didn't choose to be a leader; I was just in charge when we met due to my position in the army. So, let's decide right now. We're holding a vote for whoever is in charge. Majority wins, no arguments. So, who is supposed to take care of all of us and the house? Who is going to be in charge of making sure we have enough food growing, and that we have enough medicine and that everyone is one hundred per cent safe, one hundred per cent of the time?"

The room was silent, "To be honest," Jimin said, "I'm not sure I want the stress of that anymore, especially considering I'm not doing a good enough job of it, anyway,"