45: Good Night

"Hyung, please come out," Jungkook begged quietly outside Yoongi's bedroom door. He had Little in his arms and had been standing there for half an hour already, "Hyung!"

"Jungkook, leave me alone,"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and kicked the door angrily, "Open the door or I'll break it down!"

There was silence in the room, before the sound of footsteps and the door creaked open, "Don't talk to me like that," Yoongi snapped from inside the dark room.

"Then don't act like a child," Jungkook huffed, pushing past the soldier and entering his room. He dumped Little on Yoongi's bed and lit the lantern on his desk; it was already dark, so the rules were not to have the lights on.

"Jungkook, I sweat to God, if you don't-"

"Are you going to hit me?" Jungkook asked, turning to face him. He was finally fed up of how Yoongi was behaving and didn't care about the consequences anymore, "Go on, I don't care. Maybe it will make you feel better so you stop acting like an idiot,"

Yoongi frowned, "I'd never hit you, Jungkook,"

"Why?" Jungkook pressed, "You said that none of us are your family,"

Yoongi sighed, running his fingers through his hair, "I did say that," He admitted, "But-"

"But nothing," Jungkook snapped, "You were rude and horrible to every single person. Hyungwon apologised for what he said, and Thalia did, too. You can't even say sorry for almost beating one of us to death and losing control,"

"I know, but I-"

"You were wrong and I hate that you suddenly don't care enough about any of us to try and fix the situation in our home,"

"Jungkook-"

"Why are you being like this, Hyung?" Jungkook began to cry and Little fluttered over to him, her wings beating at the air frantically until he took her into his arms, "Why do you want to abandon all of us and watch us fall apart,"

"Jesus Christ," Yoongi muttered, "I don't want that to happen! And I didn't mean it when I said none of them are my family! I was just so hurt and the fact that they think a simple apology can fix the situation is-"

"It can fix the situation if you're mature enough," Jungkook said, "If you're willing to admit that you're wrong and to also forgive the other party. Are you mature enough, Hyung?" Jungkook walked towards the door, "Maybe you should think about it. Is your hurt pride right now more important than the safety and dynamics of the entire group? If it is..." He trailed off with a sigh, "If it is, maybe I was wrong about you all along," Jungkook opened the door and left Yoongi's bedroom, closing it softly behind him.

Yoongi sighed and flopped down on his bed, his arm over his eyes. Hyungwon had hurt him so badly, but everyone else was right. He shouldn't have reacted so badly. More than anything, he was regretful of hurting such a normally gentle man, and he was embarrassed about his actions and words. 

He had seen the pain in the women's eyes when he said they weren't family. He'd seen the shock in the face of the men who were trying so hard to control their own pent-up energy. He's seen the anger and hurt in the face of the person he cared most about in the entire world.

Jungkook was right. Yoongi's pride was injured, but he needed to stop this stubborn temper tantrum of his and deal with the issue. He was a grown ass man, he should know better.

***

"What's wrong?" Jin asked Jungkook as he sat down heavily at the kitchen table. Everyone else was in bed, but Jin was helping Daisy clear up and get ready for the morning. Others had offered, but she had sent them to bed; Jin had stayed no matter how hard she tried to chase him out.

"Hyung is being stupid," Jungkook said, "I thought I was the most immature in this house, but apparently it's him,"

Daisy placed a mug of warm goat milk in front of him. They had run out of coffee a while ago, which they assumed to be partly to blame for the tension in the house, "Well, everyone has their days, Jungkook. Besides, the most immature in the house is Breea,"

"You know what I meant," Jungkook replied, gratefully accepting the milk.

"Yes, which is why I responded with that," Daisy sat down next to him, "Jungkook, everyone had bad days and good days. Everyone says things they don't mean when they're angry. I'm sure after he has time to think, he'll realise what went wrong and he'll try to fix it. Yoongi isn't usually like this, so there must be something bothering him,"

Jungkook shrugged, "I spoke to him, but-" He cut himself off, his eyes growing wide, "It's cold out!"

Jin glanced at Daisy, "Well, yes, it is getting a bit cold,"

"Hyung told me before that his brothers birthday is when it's cold,"

"Oh," Daisy said, "Well that probably explains why he reacted so strongly. But still,"

"He wouldn't have had time to mourn his family's death properly," Jungkook said, "Because of the infection, he didn't have the time, I'm so stupid I hate myself I said horrible things to him!"

Jin reached out, placing his hand on Jungkook's arm, "It's okay, Jungkook. Yoongi loves you, I'm sure he understands,"

Jungkook groaned and picked up the mug of warm milk, "What if he hates me now?"

"He won't hate you," Daisy assured him, "And I'm sure you can talk to him again in the morning. Now drink that up and go to bed. Jin and I are going to take over the watch from Shownu,"

Jungkook nodded miserably, "Okay. Good night,"

"Night," Jin smiled, ruffling his hair, "See you in the morning,"