┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐
ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇs
└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇs└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

"Who's that man? He looks like
he'd been mauled by a bear—!"

People watched Jungkook as he limped towards the castle gates, leaving a pool of blood behind his feet. He stopped in front of the guards, giving them his full name and quest.

"It doesn't seem like you've found the missing princess." The guard raised his brow. "You're not allowed in until y—

"She's in an underground bunker near the south side of the village." Jungkook quickly blurted out, trying to hold his guts in one place. The guards eyes were wide as he quickly pushed the gates open, rushing Jungkook through the castle.

"Quickly—!" The guard pulled at his arm. "We need to inform the king immediately."

With one last corner to turn, the guards pushed through the doors, interrupting a family discussion the king was having with his children. The king became worried as he saw Jungkook all bloody and covered with gashes. It wasn't the boy he was feeling sympathy towards, but his daughter.

"Your highness, this boy found the princess along with her kidnappers in an underground bunker not far from the South of the village."

The queen let out a whimpering cry, holding her hands over her mouth as tears surrounded her eyes. Namjoon on the other hand, bit down on his lip, knowing this would change every one of his plans.

"Well, why are you just standing around—?" The king shouted. "Get your men armed now!"

"She's gonna be okay mom." Taehyung comforted his mother, hugging her from behind.

"Namjoon, you're coming with me." The King quickly motioned with his hand. Namjoon gulped before nodding and following his father outside. Taehyung glared at him while he calmly walked as if none of this was bothering him. "Maybe someday you'll look back at this and actually feel guilty."

"I have no reason to feel guilty." Namjoon barely looked over his shoulder, stopping for a brief moment before leaving the room.

The men stormed out with weapons in their hands, following the kings lead. One of the soldiers pulled a red lever, alarming the village of their sudden intrusion. Families hid their children inside, while others stood aside to watch the arrival of the king.